New woocommerce features not working in X theme

Is X theme compatible w/ the new woocomerce features? Since upgrading Woocommerce, my single product page lightbox / image gallery is terrible!

https://singingrooster.org/shop/garden-stakes-haiti/

the gallery images used to appear below the main image & weren’t tiny

Here’s what Woo commerce says: In order to avail of these new features, you must be using a WooCommerce compatible theme that has specifically opted in to support the new gallery features. This also allows theme authors to pick and choose which new features they wish to support – while maintaining compatibility with their own theme features and/or compatibility with third-party WooCommerce gallery and lightbox extensions.

This is what they tell theme developers: https://woocommerce.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/the-new-woocommerce-product-image-gallery/

Hi there,

Actually, the Woocommerce changed the gallery system on its product page and what you see on your website now is the new gallery system.

To go back to the old ways please kindly add the CSS code below to X > Launch > Options > CSS:

.single-product .flex-control-nav.flex-control-thumbs {
    float: none;
    position: relative;
    text-align: left;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
}

.single-product .flex-control-nav.flex-control-thumbs img {
    min-height: 60px;
}

.flex-control-nav.flex-control-thumbs li {
margin: 10px;
}

.woocommerce-product-gallery__trigger img {
    visibility: hidden;
}

.woocommerce-product-gallery__trigger:before {
    font-family: "FontAwesome";
    content: "\f065";
    color: white;
}

Thank you.

1 Like

Christopher - THANKS.

Worked like a charm. I can’t figure out why they made it so ugly.

I have a child theme, but I pasted your gode in the Global CSS – will it stay there when I update X theme?

Hi there,

Yep, your code is safe there in the options section. Having the code in the style.css file of the Child Theme is the recommended way though if you have it installed. So you can just move the code to the Child Theme with no problem.

Thank you.

Christopher – your code worked, but the upgraded woocommerce was so horrible (crashed my site), that I revered back to an older version of woocomerce.

Long story short, the old version doesn’t sync well with upgraded versions of X Theme. Linked products (upsells) no longer work.

Do you have code that will show linked products? (upsells – on the same page as the product).

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread. The product images and the new WooCommerce features has been discussed in this thread. Please check it out:

The Upsells does not need any code. You just have to enable it. Please go to X > Launch > WooCommerce > Single Product.

If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

The upsell is on, just doesn’t work.

Hi there @fgoat,

Thanks for writing back!

I’ve done some testing on my own install and can confirm that both the Upsell functionality and Cross-sell functionality doesn’t work. A bug has been added to our internal tracker for the developers so we can get this fixed up for a future release.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.