New support solicitation on the post "Problems with the WP X with the home page image and the sharing of blog posts on social media"

Hi Alessandra,

Here is the correct link to the thread you were talking about. As you can see, there is no reply there from your website and please consider that the thread will get closed automatically after a 10 day period of inactivity.

Please answer back here with your reply and the information needed to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christian,

I do not know what to tell you: frankly in the link that I have turned there is both your answer and mine. I do not understand why you write to me that the link should be the other. However it does not matter.
Below is my original reply to the post you indicate in your link:

1. I had tried with bigger and smaller images but the result was always the same. Now I have set an image of 1600x914 but you can check that the tablet will be displayed in a blur

2. OK. I made the change Set the correct text in the share

3. I made the change you suggested to me by disabling the Photon module. On Facebook it seems to go quite well, but on linkedin I continue to have problems because the image is cut. How can I get the same effect (complete but miniaturized infographics) also on Linkedin? In Yoast SEO is there a specific setting for Facebook as Twitter? Do I have to install any plugins?

I hope it’s ok now and that you can help me.

Thank you

Hey Alessandra,

Maybe @christopher.amirian have not noticed the URL of the thread because it’s broken.

It’s because of the spaces.

In the previous thread, you also edited your post to reply to us which is not correct. That is the reason why you were not answered. Opening this new thread and referencing the old thread is the right thing to do.

Now to your issues, would you mind reposting your original question for #1 so I and the rest of the support staff will have a better context? What is the resolution of your tablet? Your image size must be equal or exceed that size.

Regretfully, we could not help with #3. That is not something that can be configured in the theme. Try contacting Yoast SEO support.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

For the question #1:

This at a glance the original problem I reported:

problem with the image display on the home page: when viewed from the tablet it appears blurry and grainy.

This is your answer:

Your background image is just 936 by 450 pixels. It is blurry because when using a background image in the section, the image will be stretch out to cover the whole section. I would like you to try this demo here: https://davidwalsh.name/demo/background-size.html which would explain how background image works. To resolve your issue, please upload a background image that at least 1200x800 or higher.

And this is my answer after the tests you asked for:

I had tried with bigger and smaller images but the result was always the same. Now I have set an image of 1600x914 but you can check that the tablet continues to be displayed in a blur.

I tried to find the resolution of my tablet but I can not find it. However, I imagine that you have previously done some tests considering the answers you gave me at the time: is it correct?
In any case, I try again and just found update my post.

Thank you, Alessandra.

Hi There,

I can replicate this issue on my iPad. It might be that section is the classic element which has an issue which the parallax setting. Would you mind providing us with your admin account so we can take a closer look?

We’ve just released the X 6.2.1, Pro 2.2.1, and Cornerstone 3.2.1(https://theme.co/changelog/). Could you please update your X theme & Cornerstone plugin to the latest version as well?

Thanks.

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I will immediately update Cornestone and Theme X but first you can you help me to clarify a couple of doubts?

• The last time I updated Cornestone, all the Accordion objects on the site no longer worked (the various tabs did not open or close) and then, once Theme X was also updated, everything was back in place: can you tell me which one is , in these cases, the correct update sequence?

• I have never cleaned the cache since I manage my website by myself and I do not know how to do it: can you give me information about it?

As for the credentials to log in as administrator to my website, how can I send them to you in private? If I respond to this post I fear that everyone can see my credentials. Let me know how to send them safely.

Thanks again, Alessandra.

Hello Alessandra,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I would suggest you to copy the website to a staging server and update over there. In case any issue comes up, same can be looked at without effecting the live website. Please take a look at following resources to update Cornerstone and X Theme:

Theme Update guide: Please take a look at our theme and plugin update guide.

Clear Cache: Please take a look at following article to clear cache:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/

Thanks.

Hi,

sorry but the article https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/ talks about plugins that do not seem installed on my website and do not talk about how to clean the cache directly from SiteGround.

I misunderstood?

I await your feedback.

Thanks, Alessandra

Hey Alessandra,

In this case, would you mind giving us the specific page / URL having this issue and it would also help if you could give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note

Thanks.

Of course, I will send them to you immediately. Thank you

Hello There,

The credentials is not working for us. It seems that the password is invalid.

By the way, since you are using SiteGround, could you please disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

Hope this helps.

OK, I did what you asked me.

In the Secure Note, I will send you the credentials for access to my site as Administrator.

Thank you.

Hey @Alefil,

I checked your site and the image in the first section is not blurry on my end. Would you mind giving us the exact details of your device? What OS and browser are you using?

Thanks.

OK. Then:

• Apple IPad model: MC706NF / A
  • Operating System: IOS 9.3.5
  • Browser: Safari and Chrome

Thanks, Alessandra.

Hello Alessandra,

We have tested your site and we can confirm that this is a bug in the latest release. We already have informed our developers and they are working on this for a resolution of the issue. Once they’ll have the fix, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release update.

Please bear with us.

Hi and thanks!

Don’t worry: the important thing is to understand what the problem is.

Can you tell me roughly when the update will come out?

Thank you

Hi @Alefil,

We’re not sure yet, we’re still debugging the issue :slight_smile:

But should be available through update once the fixes are implemented.

Thanks!

OK, thank you!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.