Problems with the WP X with the home page image and the sharing of blog posts on social media

Hello and sorry if I answer only now.

1. I had tried with bigger and smaller images but the result was always the same. Now I have set an image of 1600x914 but you can check that the tablet continues to be displayed in a blur

2. OK. I made the change you suggested and now it seems fine. Set the correct text in the share

3. I made the change you suggested to me by disabling the Photon module. On Facebook it seems to go quite well (the infographic is shared miniaturized and almost entirely) but on linkedin I continue to have problems because the image is cut. How can I get the same effect (complete but miniaturized infographics) also on Linkedin? In Yoast SEO there is no specific setting for Linkedin as for Facebook and Twitter? Do I have to install any plugins?

Thanks again and I await your response. Alessandra.

Hello Alessandra,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Your background image is just 936 by 450 pixels. It is blurry because when using a background image in the section, the image will be stretch out to cover the whole section. I would like you to try this demo here: https://davidwalsh.name/demo/background-size.html which would explain how background image works. To resolve your issue, please upload a background image that at least 1200x800 or higher.

2.) You are experiencing this issue because there is an Open Graph conflict on your site. Since you have installed Yoast SEO plugin, you must disable the built in Open Graph in the theme. Please go to X > Theme Options Social > Open Graph and toggle the button to turn it off.

3.) This is because Photon module is active and it serves a small version of the image when shared. Please go to your Jetpack Settings and find a way to disable Photon module. To know more about the Photon module, please check this out: https://developer.wordpress.com/docs/photon/

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.