Network Multi-Site Install

Hi,
I was just new to WordPress when I set up a multi-site install and did not know I needed a separate licence for each site. It’s ok because I only have one site on my multi-site setup but I will want to add a new site soon and would like to know how to go about setting it up. I will buy a new licence for the new site but I need to know how to fix the error I have made setting up X on a network install. Could you please guide me through the steps necessary to remedy this situation?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for writing in!

Yes, you will need I license for each domain.
If you made a mistake in assigning your license you can always revoke and assign it to another site.

For more information kindly refer to the link below

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Whatever I have done I am not able to update my theme which is X.
What I really want to know is what changes do I have to make to be able to update X?
This was not covered in the reply or the link supplied. Please let me know if I am not being clear in what I am trying to do? Thanks again,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I have tested and can confirm that there is no available auto update feature. You will have to update it manually.
It’s a WordPress limitation. Plugins can be network activated but themes can’t, so there’s no consistent way to show an update notification without us creating a separate plugin to handle it.

Please see Manual Updates Section on the link below

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.