Need help with setting up this theme

Hi,

What i actually need is to have the theme exactly like the Ethos 1 demo.

However here are some of the problems i face.

1. My posts are not showing on the home page

2. Not sure how to configure the slider to look like the one in the demo

3. Need to know how to make the top part of the theme look like the one in the demo, (The 5 pictures that are clickable)

This is my webpage www.theninjaranker.com

please help thanks.

Hi there,

Please kindly read the Demo import article for details:

Read the slider section of that article to know how to import slides. But please consider that you will not have the graphics stuff downloaded to your installation as those are the copyrighted stuff, and instead of the images you will have placeholders.

The ones that can be replicated exactly are the Expanded Demos.

Thank you.

Hi,

The problem i am facing right now is that the placeholders are not even present when i install the demo. This is how my webpage looks now. No slider no recent post and no top portion at all.

Its nothing like the demo shown, understand that the images are not included thats ok. But i need the structure as advertised to be in place.

please let me know how i can go about solving this issue. I have already gone through all the documentations but none of it is helping me.

please advice thanks.

Hi There,

You need to create your own posts.

Please create 4 posts and set the featured image to each one.

As this page is your blog page it will look much better once you have the posts.

After that you can go to X | Theme Options | Ethos and adjust the parameters according to your wishes.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

I already have posts but it is not showing up…

anyway i can give you admin access to help me?

I have asked other freelance wordpress developer to help me and he tells me that it is a bug for this theme.

Hi There,

Yes please provide your login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

Hello have posted it thx

Hi There,

Would mind adding this in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.

If that does not help, please remove X via ftp from wp-content/themes/ and re-install the theme.

Thanks

done

So its suppose to fix my theme problem?

Hi there,

You are using the Ethos stack and there are no posts showing up in the homepage because there ID’s added in the Theme Options do not exist.

Please go to X > Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options : Category IDs.

You will have to either to set that field to blank or add the specific category IDs that you want to display by default in the homepage.

Please check this link on how to get the category ID on Wordpress.

Hope this helps.

Hello, under X there isn’t theme options.

Is the slider and placement holder at the top supposed to shown up when i select set up demo content for ethos 1?

Hi there,

You can find the theme option here

And yes that is right. But you can disable it in the Theme Options as well.

Hi,

My web page looks like this now, http://theninjaranker.com/

i would like to know how i can edit the layout of this page using the cornerstone plugin?

Currently under reading settings my homepage displays “Your latest posts” so i dont have any pages associated with the homepage.

thanks

Hi There,

The 5 posts showing at the top + Ethos Post Slider are featured available on your Blog only.

You could emulate something similar using Essential Grid or The Grid + Slider Revolution or even Cornerstone Slider but you would need to create yourself.

To edit a page with Cornerstone > Create a page > Save > Edit with Cornerstone.

Once you have finished your page you can assign as your home page if you like so.

Hope it helps

alright thanks… may i know how i can integrate google adsense for both blog post and side bar?

also like to check on how to integrate autoresponder form using aweber thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

You can add your Adsense embed code with your post content, or builder’s text element. Make sure you switch to TEXT mode of your editor before pasting the code. As for the sidebar, you can add a text widget in Admin > Appearance > Widgets then add your Adsense embed code within that widget.

As for autoresponder, how do you plan using it? If it’s for the subscription then you may install the bundled ConvertPlus plugin, then install the Aweber addons. Please check this https://www.convertplug.com/plus/docs/aweber-wordpress-popup-plugin/

Hope this helps.

Hi,

The post image on this page is too small, how do i adjust it so that it will rought the right side bar?

http://theninjaranker.com/2017/12/14/demo-have-you-heard-of-them/

Hi,

To achieve that, you can add the code below in Theme Options > CSS(global css)

.single-post .entry-featured img {
   width:100% !important;
}

Hope that helps.

Thank you.