Nav Descriptions

Hi there. Brand new with X theme and working on my site. It’s in maintenance mode right now, so there’s nothing to show, but the url is kehilatyeshua.com.

Anyway, my question is: How can I get the nav descriptions actually displayed? I have the option turned on in the menu editor, but my descriptions aren’t showing up.

Thanks!
-Judy Rich

Hi Judy,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, that feature isn’t utilized by our theme due to the nature of menu layout. Descriptions are only good and applicable for rich featured menus. Adding description will have no effect on our theme’s menu.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, but that’s unfortunately critical for my design. Do you know if the UberMenu plugin allows for that functionality? Thanks!

Hello Judy,

Since you are using Pro theme, the navigation inline element when you create a custom header will display the descriptions. All you have to do is enable the secondary text in the navigation inline settings. Please see the screenshot below:

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

I’m actually using X-theme, not Pro, because Pro overwhelmed me completely. :wink: If I switch to Pro to make this change, will I lose the work I’ve done in X-theme? I cannot make heads or tails of the editing process in Pro.

Hello Judy,

Oh sorry. I thought you are using Pro. I only checked your licenses page and not your site. Anyways, if the menu item description is really necessary for your design, I would highly recommend that you switch your theme to Pro. All the things you have created in X theme will all be preserved and can be editor with Pro editor with the addition of the custom header and footer builders. Please do the following steps in switching to Pro theme:

• Download the Pro theme and upload it to your WordPress dashboard in Appearance > Themes like any normal theme. Please do not activate it yet.
  • Go to X > Validation > Theme Options Manager and download the XCS file to your local computer.
  • Go back to Appearance > Themes and then activate your newly uploaded Pro theme.
  • Go to Pro > Validation > Theme Options Manager and import the XCS file that you have previously downloaded. This is to make sure that your child theme will have the same settings as your parent theme.
  • If you were using X Child theme, you must install the Pro Child theme also. You can get it from here: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes
  • Lastly, if you have made any file modifications, please make sure to note those files. Copy those files and place it in your Pro child theme’s folder in the same order. And if you added any custom codes in your parent theme’s functions.php file, you will have to transfer those codes to your child theme’s functions.php file.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Thanks so much for all the info. I decided to try the Uber Menu plugin which has fixed the issue for me!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.