Nav bar issue

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hey @yingfuli,

I’m not seeing the setup that @Jade showed previously. I don’t see the bar fixed and only see this when scrolling.

Did you change the setup?

Thanks.

No, I haven’t changed anything the last two days.

Hi there,

The issue is not appearing in my tests, but I know what you’re referring in your screenshots. Let’s hide it for good just in case it still appearing in your view.

Please add this CSS to your global custom CSS

.e391-1.x-bar-space {
display: none !important;
}

Thanks!

It removes the green bar but the actual problem still exists: when scrolling the menu bar jumps to the top. See attached images. It does this in all browsers (Safari, FF, Chrome).

Before scrolling:

After scrolling:

In Firebug before scrolling:

In Firebug after scrolling:

Hey @yingfuli,

I inserted .x-main to the Trigger Selector so it will stick once it hits the content area.

Hope that helps.

Im resigning to the fact that it is a quirk of my iMac. It still jumps when scrolling at best disappears and reappears again. On an iPad it behaves just as it should.

Hey @yingfuli,

The issue is happening in large screens so this might be why it happens in your iMac and not on your iPad. On my end, this happens in my 1920 x 1080px monitor but is smooth in my 1366 x 768px laptop. I suspect this issue is caused by LayerSlider because the slider container’s height is only 966px though you see a fullscreen effect.

Also, setting the Trigger Selector is not necessary out of the box because the default behavior of the sticky bar is it will stick only when it reaches the top. To demonstrate that, I’ve created a test header and page in your site (see Secure Note). Can you try switching to Slider Revolution?

Thanks.

Okay, thanks. Well, I actually haven’t used Rev Slider for a while now because it caused me too much problems. LayerSlider is much more robust in my experience.

Hi,

Let us know if you need further assistance.

I personally have the opposite opinion but I guess it is a matter of taste, both plugins are great.

Cheers!

Okay, I just changed the settings of LayerSlider to ‘Hero Scene’ and all is well now.
One other thing: since yesterday I’m having trouble editing. The preview load is not progressing further than this:

It saves the settings I changed but I can’t see them which is rather annoying. Some script that’s conflicting?

Hi There,

Glad that issue is now fixed. Regarding issue on the builder, yes there might be script conflict. I don’t see any error when I view the page on the frontend. We might need to check the page directly on the builder. Please check for a plugin conflict test first to see if any plugin cause the issue. If not, do provide wordpress credentials inside a secure note so we can investigate. Thank you.

Feel free to check it out. The login credentials I gave in a secure note earlier in this thread are still valid.

Edit: disabling plugins didn’t solve it.

Hello There,

Are you referring to the the text element and the loader?

This is happening because you have inserted an MEC shortcode in the text element. MEC shortcode were not rendered correct and may not even be rendered in Cornerstone. This is why you are seeing an endless loader in the lower right corner. I am not sure what is the output of the shortcode. It maybe used to display something that there is no preview in Cornerstone.

Please try to temporarily remove the shortcode and see what happens.

Yes, but also to the section above it:

that should look (and does on the frontend) this:

Edit: it doesn’t matter if I delete the MEC shortcake or not. Also I would like to point out that MEC is bundled with Pro so I would at least expect it to basically work.

Okay, here’s what I’ve done. I have removed the parallax image of the first section and turned of its bottom separator (angle out). So that did the trick: removing the angle out separator. However, the preview still messes around with the borders of the four call outs:

as opposed to:

Hi there,

Some elements preview will be disabled if it causes conflict, some 3rd party plugins are harder to control and manage even if they are bundled, especially that they too change and update their standard which will occasionally cause conflict. Even if we try to 100% make it compatible, there will be cases that are out of our control. So yes, an immediate solution is to disable the preview for that particular element.

And separator will only work on the solid background color, and not with images. Then, change its color the same as the color of the next section.

As for borders, you may ignore it for now. The border works, but there are spaces between columns that separate them which is only visible in builder preview.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘elements preview’. As it stands the preview messes up the first section with the call outs, all of which have been made inside the content builder’s settings. So nothing to do there with third party plugins. Initially when I made the page even the borders were previewed just as they should be.

The sole culprit in this case was the separator, regardless of parallax or not. BTW the separator does work when the section has a parallax image, you just have to use ‘angle out’ for it to be seen. As it was originally the first section had a parallax image ánd the bottom separator was set to ‘angle outside’ resulting in what I wanted: an angle inside the second section.

Hi there,

I can replicate the Thin Line problem while using the Separator in the Editor. I added this to the issue tracker.

Please stay tuned for upcoming releases to have a fix. From what I see in our issue tracker there will be an additional option called Inset which will help you set the separator in a way that avoids showing that thin line:

The feature is not implemented yet and you need to wait for the next release to have a fix regarding this. Please read the article below to know about the details of this development cycle:

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.