My website is loading slow, followed all advice, what is next step

Hello,

I am not a tech savvy person but created the website tierramitica.com. I do have a lot of plugins installed but they are all necessary. I am also running Woocommerce, but have a special Woocommerce plan with Bluehost that is supposed to help with the speed. After a lot of effort and also following the advice of your knowledge base, it has improved, but according to Pingdom, where I do my tests, still the loading time is 6.44 seconds and I receive a D rating.
The main advise is the following:
Make fewer HTTP requests
Decreasing the number of components on a page reduces the number of HTTP requests required to render the page, resulting in faster page loads. Some ways to reduce the number of components include: combine files, combine multiple scripts into one script, combine multiple CSS files into one style sheet, and use CSS Sprites and image maps.
Compress components with gzip
Compression reduces response times by reducing the size of the HTTP response. Gzip is the most popular and effective compression method currently available and generally reduces the response size by about 70%. Approximately 90% of today’s Internet traffic travels through browsers that claim to support gzip.

Is it feasible to do these things? Would I be able to set this up or would I need professional help and if so, do you offer this?
I am currently using a caching plugin, and have all the settings you recommended, except for the Minify, because that makes one of my plugins crash.
I am also not even sure if this loading time is that bad, considering everything the website is loading. Could you please take a look and give me your professional advice? My url is tierramitica.com

Thank you very much

Hello @Tierramitica,

Thanks for writing in!

For best performance of your site using X or Pro theme, please check this knowledge base article on how you can improve it: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210

And if you have a CloudFlare account, you may also apply it to your site. Caching most of the time will affect your site. You can check out the suggested CloudFlare settings for best results. Find it here:

Hope this helps.

Hello RueNel,

I already checked out the knowledge base article and implemented everything I could, but I would still like it faster.

I am not using Cloudflare, I am caching with W3 Total Cache at the moment.

I guess I am just trying to find out, if I am doing all this stuff already and my site is still not going as fast as I want it to, what are my options?
Thank you

Hello @Tierramitica,

Even if you have done all the steps and have installed the best plugin to optimize your site, your page contents and how your server responds to these contents will also matter. More content on the page will make the filesize of the page bigger which will affect the loading of the page. The server on the other hand plays a role in loading the resources. If the server response is slow, then the page loading is also slower. You must make sure that you have a lightning fast server to achieve a fast performing site as well.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.