My site got un-verified and now it wants an API key, help!

The MoJo Marketing place plugin glitched and caused 500 errors on a site that had been built and validated prior to this issue. Now my version of X is saying that it is unregistered but it is asking for an API key which you no longer use and won’t accept the registered purchase code as shown in my themeco account licenses.

Can I update it to a new version of X without breaking anything? Or do I need to do something else to get it re-validated?

Hello @lizinmarketing,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, in your case you will have to first update X Theme manually. Reason being the purchase code won’t work as we have retired the validation process that required API.

So to begin with, I suggest you to first Install and activate child theme (if you haven’t done that) and move all the changes you have made inside parent theme to child theme. If you haven’t made any changes in parent theme, then no need to install child theme.

Here are the resources that you can use to download and setup child theme.

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

After that, please carefully review the steps mentioned in our theme and plugin update guide. Kindly give special attention to Manual Updates section.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.