Multiple Errors with Theme / Cornerstone and 500 errors

Ok, so after many searches, tried many of the suggestions that may or may not have worked for the customer in question, with no luck. I updated X or whatever it is called now, and not to Pro, but I can’t check the version of X due to a 500 error now. I’ve uninstalled the theme, reinstalled and created child theme, deleted all non theme essential plugins and reinstalled, and just wasted a vast amount of time. I have a deadline to relaunch this site by friday, and I’ve spent more time in the past 2 weeks researching this errors and issues rather than getting content up and going. Let me know what I need to send to have the website checked and theme issues/dependencies.

Earlier today I was getting “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” error from Cornerstone. Adjust hta access and config files so should be plenty of Memory.

Need help Please.

Hi There,

Since you have done basic troubleshooting already, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

I sent a message directly to you. Please check your inbox for the requested information.

Checking in with any updates on this… I have a deadline of Friday to have this up and working properly. Thank you.

Checking in on this still. Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

Please also be advised that you are not suppose to private message a Themeco staff member about support as it will be ignored. All support is provided in the forum. If you need to get in touch about something else, please contact us.

To know more how you can get support, please check our knowledge base: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok, Not on the forums much, still trying to get this resolved, which your update just tells me what was done wrong, but does not offer any update on the issues Im having at hand. Not sure what bumping a post means, someone from support posted a response, and I was checking in with them. Usually a support person is assigned a ticket, which I thought was the case and now I have not heard back from them and now you instead. Is this really how this works? If so, this is a waste of time. This theme was supposed to make things easier, any updates that have been introduced just broke the offerings that were supposed to work as stated, which they don’t.

If I haven’t mentioned this enough, Im under a very tight deadline, which is starting to be obvious that I am going to miss.

Please review the issue at hand and advise, about the issue. Thanks.

Hi,

We understand the urgency and I am very eager to help but the FTP Login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Error 500 usually means there is a php error.

To be able to see the error, edit your wp-config.php file and set wp_debug to true.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then try to refresh your page to see the error.

For more information kindly refer to the link below.

Thanks

Not sure what happened to the site, but yes, I cannot change to get around the 500 error. None of those steps worked.

What I am looking to do:
Create a new staging area in https://miktek.tv/101-217/wp-admin/

Take contents of work so far done in https://miktek.tv/miktekinc/ and transfer over to 101-217. Between the 2 staged “sites”, I should be able to with your help, salvage my previous work on the site, and continue from there to debug and test errors/issues. I can compile a complete zip of miktekinc directory and have in 101-217 for this. Will have to redirect databases from old directory to “new” staging area. Losing the work already put together in the original site is not an option right now, as there is not enough time to start from scratch for the 3rd time.

Let me know if that makes sense or is doable, and I will get the required login info needed. Thank you.

https://miktek.tv/101-217/x/
So I have created the new directory, backed up database and imported it, installed plugins fresh and theme as well. Not sure where the data is for the pages, and saved uploaded image content from the other directory. Also, Cornerstone will not load at all in this new install, that link above sends you to a blank loaded white page. I even created a demo agency site, and no dice.

Upon reviewing the wp config file again, I noticed that one line has an error, and Im not sure why nor what it should be changed to. It is memory related.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

In line 173, you forgot the single quote. It should be define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

Please update your wp-config.php file and use this instead.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Please let us know how it goes.

I actually didn’t edit this at all, this was how I found it. Removing it altogether has the site accessible again as of last night. have not tested cornerstone fully to see if it is working properly and will need to install all plugins again to test and resume normal use. The major setback with this theme is there is or possibly was, a serious saving issue. Will not let you save your work on your page and there is no way to save it if the save button doesn’t comply. Not sure “Pro” will help, and I’m not up for testing it out to find out that this could again be the case. I will review later today and advise of present issue status. Thanks.

Alright so, right back to square one with this problem. 500 error is gone, but right back to the cornerstone error when I go to edit any page.

this is for www.miktek.tv/miktekinc staging area.

login info was sent in a secure note in a previous post. For whoever tried the previous login, there is login info for BOTH FTP and as the wordpress user. There may be the need to log in via the IP of the domain host for FTP, but WP login is correct.

Hello There,

I wanted to check the ftp and I failed to log in. It seems the ftp credentials is not working.

Meanwhile, I was able to logged in and still not able to continue because when I go to My Sites > Network Admin > Sites, I got an error 500.

Please make sure that the site url and the wordpress address url is using the one in secure note.

Please let us know how it goes.

FTP- Not sure what you are using, I get the following with given credentials:

As you can see, it is valid and correct to get FTP access.

500 Error- Well don’t know what to tell you here, either I can get this install fixed or like I mentioned in an earlier post, copy key work files out of this directory and clone them to a working WP install. I will either change the pw for the ftp or give another account, but that was set up so your staff could directly access FTP with this issue.

Please see attached secure note. Again, this is a staged site refresh, not an active one at this time, as the deadline to relaunch this has been missed considerably.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have found the issue. You are not using the same protocol in your Site URL and WordPress Address URL.

I went ahead and change the URLs to https://miktek.tv/miktekinc. Cornerstone should be working now.

Please check your site.

I see. that https certificate was activated some time ago, strange it took that long to show up here to error out. Have Tested cornerstone access, page editing and saving, seems to work for the moment. Will be working on this today and will advise if this remains the same way. Thank you.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

Looks like I’m able to edit the site fine, but getting into network settings again as a network admin is still giving me an error 500. The only thing that I’ve been doing is uploading content and creating pages, no settings should have changed. I do need to update max post size, which is were I have come across the error again. Did something change?