Multi-site to Single Site - No X theme Icons

Hey there,

I converted my site from multi-site to single-site, and I’m noticing the icons form X aren’t showing on my site anywhere. Wondering if there’s anything known with this or a quick fix?

Hi @djshott,

Thanks for reaching out.

It could be a path issue, have you followed and added the suggested HTACCESS entries? And please provide the site’s URL that has missing icons.

For the meantime, please deactivate any caching and optimization while we’re checking it.

Thanks!

The site is brickfish.com

Caching and optimization plugins should be disabled

Hello There,

Thanks for providing your url. I have checked your site and it appears that you are using an older version of the theme. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:
- X theme 6.2.5
- Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

I will update - thanks.

Also @RueNel, is there anyway to convert an existing theme installation to a child theme?

Hello @djshott,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In case you have made changes into existing theme setup files then you need to move the changes into child theme manually. If not, then you can simply download and install child theme.

You can use following resources to download and setup child theme.

Download Child theme from following source: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Please take a look at following article to setup child theme:

Thanks.

Hey there @prasant, thanks for the help! I’m successfully on the child theme, and everything’s running smoothly… except:

I’m unable to view individual blog posts. Could you possible take a look at this?

brickfish.com/news

When clicking on a blog entry, I keep getting a 500 error and I can’t quite sort out why.

Thanks again!

Hello @djshott,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and can confirm that the upon clicking on posts 500 error message is showing up. I see that you are using quite a bit of plugins. I suggest you to try testing for plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I also suggest you to take a look at the solutions mentioned in following posts for some more solutions:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back with me - I’ve tried deactivating plugins, but I’m still getting a 500 error when trying to load posts.

Could there be something wrong the the wp-single.php file?

Also - these are the errors causing the 500 on blog entries - any ideas? I don’t quite know how to resolve these.

100 PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘\’ (T_NS_SEPARATOR), expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /nas/content/live/nuvi/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/integrity/wp-single.php on line 2
7 PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘\’ (T_NS_SEPARATOR), expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /nas/content/live/nuvi/wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/integrity/wp-single.php on line 2
6 PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘\’ (T_NS_SEPARATOR), expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /nas/content/live/nuvi/wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/integrity/wp-single.php on line 9
1 PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function _deprecated_file() in /nas/content/live/nuvi/wp-includes/locale.php on line 10

Hello @djshott,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I see that you have child theme installed. Please try and activate parent theme from Appearance > Themes and see if doing so resolves the 500 error message for blog posts. If it does then some customization is effecting the same which you need to take a look.

If the issue is still there, please share the website login details in secure note for for us to take a closer look. To avoid confusion and slow response time, please create a new ticket as the 500 error message is a new issue that’s showing on the website and not quite related with your first question. So to avoid long threads, confusion and slow response time, please create a new ticket and give reference to this ticket and share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

@Prasant Thanks! I was finally able to resolve the 500 error issue, but after updating X and getting on the child theme, I’m still not seeing icons displayed.

There’s a few icons used throughout the site, but most importantly, the social share icons aren’t showing. Any other ideas on what might be wrong?

Hi @djshott,

The icons seem to be working, I tried them by manually adding a content with icon through browser developer tools. The footer icons are working too which means they are loading fine. What I’m not sure is where is the social share icons should be displayed? I assume you added it as a custom code? If yes, that custom codes are no longer compatible with new font icon versions and must be removed.

Thanks!

Thanks @Rad! I got the icons working, so that’s fine now! I have another issue, but I’ll make a new thread as it is completely unrelated to the issue here.

No Problem.
We will be responding your new thread shortly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.