Mobile Website Rendering

My website https://www.tv-magden.ch is not rendered correctly on mobile devices anymore. Especially the header and footer, as well as accordion and other elements are not being displayed as they should be. I briefly had Jetpack installed, but I deleted it in the meantime. I also cleared all my caches, but it didn’t solve my issue.

Hello @zedinho,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I see that in header issue lies with the navigation. I suggest you to use Dropdown navigation element for responsive view and let navigation inline serves with purpose for desktop users. Also I see that you are using Cloudflare. Can you please turn of minification feature and then clear cache to see if that resolves the issue. Regarding footer, can you please let us know how it should look like in a normal situation?

Thanks.

Okay, apparently Cloudflare was the problem. I wonder, though, why it was a problem here with this website and not with a different one I own which also has Cloudflare and the PRO theme. There I run the minify options of Cloudflare without any problems.

Hello @zedinho,

Glad that the issue is resolved. Did you updated theme or any plugins recently? You said that Jetpack was deleted. Did you delete Jetpack before or after issue started to comeup? Sometimes minification and cached files can have issues with the layout.

Thanks.

I deleted jetpack after I noticed the issue. I activated the Cloudflare minify options pretty much at the same time I installed jetpack for the first time.

Now that the issue is resolved and jetpack is gone, do you think I could activate the minify options in Cloudflare again? Or are there any known issues running Cloudflare with X/Pro?

I’m currently not running any other caching plugin. Would you recommend not using Cloudflare at all and WP Super Cacher or the like instead? Or both?

My site is just so terribly slow.

My other site runs on a different server (SiteGround) and there I’m using the SiteGround Wordpress caching plugin AND Cloudflare at the same time without any problems so far. I’m wondering what you guys recommend, though. Too many caching plugins can’t be good either, right?

Hi There,

All of the X and PRO assets come pre-minified, if CloudFlare or any minifier plugin minified it again that would be a problem.

You can run CloudFlare and a caching plugin simultaneously, but make sure you configure it properly to avoid any conflict.

Performance

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating or changes so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.