Mobile version not displaying properly

I have recently noticed on this website that I developed a while back that the web version no longer works properly. Specifically, the menu system does not respond at all and the tabs do not work either. I have not updated in a while but it all worked just fine at some point so if I have not made updates, why would it break? Must be missing something. Any suggestions other than UPDATE?

I tried updating Cornerstone and the X-Theme (not the child theme) and the site blew up. See attached.

Many thanks,
Houston

Hello Houston,

Thanks for writing in! This issue usually happens if you have inserted invalid html codes in the page content. Please keep in mind that any broken html or unclosed html tags could potentially messed up your site layout. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hello Houston,

The given credentials is not working for us.
It seems that the password is incorrect.

Could you please double check it? Thanks.

Password reset. I tried it and it worked just fine. Same password as before.

Also, the site is completely the wrong color and the css is all messed up. It seems it is not using the child theme either. Unfortunately i do not have a screen shot of what it looked like before. I would have to restore a backup copy to do this and I don’t want to do that while you might be looking at the site helping with the current issue.

Hello Houston,

I was able to logged in and I found out that you were using the legacy child theme. To resolve this issue, please log in to your ftp and do the following:

• Browse to the themes folder, wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/
  • Create this folder path, wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/
  • Move the files and folders in wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/ to wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

NO, it did not work. But another thing I have noticed is that the the wrong stack was selected. Somehow in the upgrade it defaulted to Integrity when it should have been Ethos. However, when I try to go to Ethos I get an error about a plugin or iFrame. But the good news is the Header color and fonts are correct. So now what? This is a mess upgrading to the latest version.

So currently, the files have been moved to the folder you asked and the stack is set to Ethos but the site is now not showing at all except for the header. The rest is just white.

Hi @Houston,

It’s all because of the child theme and existing customization and template are no longer compatible. You can confirm that by activating the main theme instead of the child theme.

From what version you have upgraded it from? I recommend contacting a developer to port your custom codes and templates to the latest one. But if you’re familiar with the template, you can just re-copy the same templates from the main theme to the child theme and gradually apply the changes made similar to the old child theme.

Thanks!

I am not very happy with this answer. I know you guys work hard trying to help everyone out but I do pay for these and I would like to hear something other than the fact that I need to go and spend more money to get the site to work. I am not the most educated developer but I have been doing it long enough to know that if I continue to updated, that I will in time run into issues. However, this is not just a simple little issue. The whole site is broken.

Granted, I have not updated in quite some time so if I need t go back and update incrementally than I will but I am guessing that is not an option at this point nor is it probably a solution to my current issue.

So I am still requesting help on how I would go about doing this since I made the changed that you suggested and turned on the correct Stack but now the whole site is broken except for the header. What do i do about that? you never said anything about replacing the old child theme with the most current one. Not sure what that will do either. I need your guidance on that.

Lastly, when I go into CUSTOMIZE, I am getting an error that I have no idea how to resolve and would expect that you can go and take a look and let me know more specifically what I need to do as the error itself is VERY brad scoped. (see attachment for error)

Many thanks,
Houston

Hello Houston,

I guess my suggested solution is not clear enough. To save us time, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP password

Thank you in advance.

Because the site has been a mess for a few days now, I have had to restore it to its older version. So if you need to make updates to see the issue please feel free to do so. If you need me to do that than just let me know that as well.

Many thanks,
Houston

Hello Houston,

Since you reverted your site to an older working version X 4.3.4, please send your child theme in a .zip file instead so we can update it and will work with the latest version (X 6.3.8) when you update X theme again.

Regards.

It will not let me upload a zip file.

here is the google link to download the file. Could you not have got thsee files using the FTP credentials that you requested?

Many thanks,
Houston

Hello Houston,

I have already successfully log in to your ftp. I see that you only copied the files and did not relocate them. This is why my suggestion did not work. May I have the permission to update the theme to the latest version and resolve this issue?

Kindly let me know.

I see this path is there:
public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views

Is that not correct?

If you recently put this there than the reason it was not there a few minutes ago is because the site reverted back to an older version before I had made your suggested changes. AS I mentioned before, I had to restore the site from a previous backup.

Hello Houston,

Yes that is the correct path.

And when you update to the latest version (X 6.3.8), you must also delete the files in wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global and in wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/ethos.

At the moment, do not delete it yet because X 4.3.4 will have some error.

Hope this helps.

OK, so I tried it again and I still can not get it to work using the stack Ethos. When I do it screws up the whole site and also when i go into CUSTOMIZE and choose the stack ETHOS I get that error as I stated above about the iframe not being able to load.

I am still not seeing the correct background colors which I suspect is a css thing but even though I have deleted the files that you said I needed to delete and then moving the custom files that were in the previous child theme to their new location it still is not working.

I currently have the site set to the INTEGRITY theme because that seems to work. As long as the site is wroking I really don’t care what stack it is set to.

Can you tell me if I have the child theme files in the correct place please. The three files are:

1. public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_navbar.php
  2. public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/Integrity/_post-carousel.php
  3. public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/Integrity/style.css

Hello Houston,

Everything is in place except that the style.css should not be there. It would be totally okay if you place it there for safe keeping. And by the way, please be aware that _post-carousel.php is only applicable to Ethos stack. This will not do anything if you are using Integrity stack.

Hope this helps.

OK, so where does style.css need to go then?

Also, please keep in mind I am still waiting to get an answer to why I can not use the ETHOS stack. I know I said i relly didn’t care but now after looking closer at the site using the INTEGRITY stack I want the site styed the way I had it before using ETHOS. So how do I get this to work.

Perhaps you could save us both some time here since you have admin access and go and switch the site to ETHOS and see what happens.

So should it be there or not. This is a confusing statement. First you say it should not be there and then you say that it is ok to leave it there. What does this mean???