Mobile menu on desktop won't collapse

Hi there,

I grabbed some additional CSS from an old thread to display the mobile menu on desktop.

I added some media queries to make the menu width fullscreen on mobile and limited width on larger devices.

But alas, now the menu no longer collapses. Also, could you possibly tell me how to change the hover clicked color of the menu?

Many, many thanks in advance,
Lauren

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I tried accessing the your X Theme website but it’s asking for site password. Please share the same in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hi Lauren,

I checked the website and could not find why this is happening for you. Actually, the problem is that you tried to do a customization and expanding the mobile menu to desktop view which I think is not a correct path, as there are many Javascript code involving the case which will work only on small screens and to make it work in the desktop you will need to rewrite them. This path will lead you to more and more problems and in my personal opinion to frustration.

Instead, I suggest that you use the Superfly plugin which will give you exactly what you want with lots of options and cool effects at hand.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello,

I purchased and installed the Superfly plugin (thank you), but now I can’t seem to get the default menu icon to disappear on mobile. I set up a blank menu in the Appearance area and assigned that as the Primary menu.

I also tried to hide it with CSS but was only able to hide the three lines. :frowning:

Can you please let me know how to get rid of the old default menu icon on mobile?

Thank you

Hello @LaurenCK,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You can add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
    .x-btn-navbar.collapsed {
    display: none;
}
}

Thanks.

Thank you!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.