Mobile menu not working with X Theme

Hi @atxvideo,

Yes, they are both updated now. Have you tried deactivating your optimization plugin (cache and minification)? Because of the error that I’m currently seeing is originating from them and it prevents the javascript from running (mobile menu). Please deactivate theme and test it again.

Else, please provide your admin login credentials in the secure note for further testing.

Thanks!

Yes, everything looks good. Thanks for your help.

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

I have one last question. Everything seems to be working fine except for one thing. If I look at the mobile version of the site on my iphone it looks fine. The main page you land on is the home page. When I click a button to go to another page, that works fine also. But then when I click back to the home page by clicking the “home” button on the menu the home page now looks broken. I’ve emptied the cache (at least I think so) so it has me baffled. Any suggestions? Thanks again. You guys have been a big help.

Hello @atxvideo,

When I am in your homepage, I cannot open the mobile menu. It is because there are several JS errors on the page. Since you have installed a caching plugin W3 Total Cache, please clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey @atxvideo,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hello @atxvideo,

Succurri has blocked me from accessing your login page. Please temporarily disable it or allow us to log in to your site so that we can investigate your issue.

Thanks.

Hi @atxvideo,

We’d appreciate if you turn off the W3Total cache plugin completely and also turn off thr security measures to access thr website as we are from different parts of the world and it is not possible to give you one unique IP address for whitelisting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @atxvideo,

It’s due to cache, the menu works on mobile while logged in but not when logged out. The W3 Total cache is already inactive, but it still says it’s active when you viewed the source code while logged out.

Then I noticed you also have WP Performance Score Booster, this cache what’s already been cached by W3 Total Cache. Having multiple cache plugin is overkill, you’re only caching the cache of one another. That’s why clearing the cache isn’t enough as it will only generate another from the cache of another plugin. I went ahead and deactivated that plugin but it still the same, showing the plugins that are already inactive. Perhaps there is another active cache feature, may I know where do you host your site? Some host has its own cache feature that may causing this. According to this, that cache will expire 4 days from now

Try testing it on your mobile while logged in and it works pretty well. You’ll have to clear the cache which right now, I’m not sure where it’s coming from.

Thanks!

The site is hosted by bluehost.

Just an update. I tried to delete WP Performance Score Booster, but it wouldn’t delete (which is odd.) So, I went to the Cpanel of my hosting account and deleted the plugin manually. Blue host cleared all cache that they have. Currently, I’m still seeing the broken cached version of the site on multiple mobile devices.

Hello @atxvideo,

I have temporarily disabled your W3 Total Cache plugin. In my browser, I cleared the browser cache. I even tested your site using private browsing mode and the mobile menu is now working.

Please check your site again.

Hi @atxvideo,

Could you try it with another device? I’m seeing the working copy now. And you may use file hosting site like Dropbox to upload your image and then provide the URL in the secure note. Adding the actual image to secure note may delete by the system.

Thanks!

Hey @atxvideo,

I have tested your site in my mobile phone and I can confirm the issue in your site. This could be cause by a plugin like AMP, Jetpack or any plugin that caches or handled the load time of your site. I would highly recommend that you make sure that every thing (WP, Theme and plugins) is up to date. I also encourage you empty your trash bin or removed the necessary draft pages. Go to X > Settings and clear the style cache as well.

Clear your browser cache and test your site again.

I discovered something new that might help you. It seems to be a Cornerstone or X theme issue.

Hello @atxvideo,

I have deactivated W3 Total Cache and Cornerstone plugin already. When I check your site, it is still displaying the page correctly and the W3 Total Cache is also still active which is weird. If you check your plugins section now, all the caching plugin is completely deleted yet when you view the site, W3 Total Cache is still active which could mean that the homepage served is just a cached version.

Please ask further support from your hosting provider. They maybe have a caching mechanism which displays the cached version of your site.

When I go to my dashboard now on wordpress I see this:

e files appear to be missing or out of place. Please re-install plugin or remove /home3/expreti6/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php.
W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place. Please re-install plugin or remove /home3/expreti6/public_html/wp-content/db.php.
W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place. Please re-install plugin or remove /home3/expreti6/public_html/wp-content/object-cache.php.

Should I remove those?

Hello @atxvideo,

You can ignore it at the moment. That is because the caching plugin were removed.
Please do not install a caching plugin yet. We need to resolve your issue first.
You may also need to deactivate or delete Cornerstone so that you will see that the homepage still displays correctly even if it is not active. This should demonstrate that the page is loading a cached version and not the actual and live page.

Please let us know how it goes.

I won’t install any new caching plugin. But I think that the w3 cache plugin may have installed some items in the WP content directory. I found this on line regarding w3 cache. I’ll paste it below.

"Please note that W3TC doesn’t cache the backend of a WordPress installation, so if minification is enabled, it won’t affect in any way the functionality of the wp-admin area, or won’t remove any files. If the issue persists, you may want to manually remove the plugin . go to the “wp-content” directory, and look for the following files:

w3-total-cache-config.php
db.php
Advanced-cache.php
Cache
w3tc-config

Remove those files and directories. Once this is done, you should be able to install the plugin without any issues."

I’m wondering of those files need to be deleted from my hosting directory. Thanks again for all of your help!

Hello @atxvideo,

Please remove those files so that we can check your site again.

Thanks.