Menu Won't Close (Hamburger)

Hi- I just updated the Wordpress X theme and now my main menu, which is a hamburger menu, won’t close. I had worked with support a while back, and they gave me custom code in order for the hamburger menu to be my main menu. Please help. Thank you. www.mattmcintosh.com

Hello @mgsquash,

Thanks for writing in. We’ve seen a few people writing in about issues with their accordions/collapsing elements, but in our tests everything is working properly and as expected. This was a major update and did receive some changes to have the JavaScript functions for these elements. Please ensure you have fully read the Update Guide currently linked in the notice at the top of the site. That article will go into much more detail, but the main thing here is likely caching related. Ensure all caches (browser, plugins, CDNs, et cetera) are completely flushed so that your markup is synced with the updated JavaScript.

Thank you for your help. I flushed my browser cache, but that didn’t work. I also read through the update guide, but didn’t see anything that would fix my problem. I’m attaching a screenshot of the code you guys provided so that the hamburger menu worked when I set it up. However, I’m not sure if the X update added code (doubtful). Please let me know what I should do next. Thank you!

The image I attached seems to be cropped at the bottom. Here’s the rest

Hi again,

It does look like a cache issue, did you clear your server’s cache? If this doesn’t help then add the following code in the Theme Options > Global CSS:

.x-collapsed {
    display: none !important;
}

Let us know how this goes!

Yes, I had cleared the server cache, but that hadn’t worked. But this new code worked. Thank you!!!

You’re welcome.

Hi @mgsquash,

Just wanted to add few things, I checked the setup closely and the issue you’re having is due to the custom code you’ve added which is conflicting with the theme’s utility classes. The CSS I’ve provided is altering the utility class and this class has been used throughout the site and the solution may conflict with collapsing elements. You can remove your customization and use Superfly plugin to achieve this functionality and make it visible on desktop, for further assistance please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-superfly/73 and http://superfly.looks-awesome.com/docs/Getting_Started/Creating_Your_First_Menu

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.