Menu (superfly) is not always visible

Hello,

I did temporarily disable W3 Total Cache plugin. Loged in to CloudFlare and purged site cache. Turned on development mode.

Menu is visible and working again like it should be, thanks

Can I enable W3 Total Cache plugin again? And turn off CloudFlare development mode?

Menu stopt being visible again on some pages on PC and Mobile? Is this because Cloudflare-development mode is only active for 3 hours?

Hello @flowdivision,

This could be a caching issue. Usually when W3 cache is not in synch with CloudFlare error occurs. I would recommend that you clear them all first and then if you are going to activate W3 Total Cache plugin, please leave the development turn on for a while. The W3 cache must load first before CloudFlare will take another cache of your site because actually what happens here is CloudFlare is caching already a cache version served by W3 plugin. They must be in synch or just simply use either one of them to avoid caching issues like what you have now.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I have followed the instructions, but without success the menu is still not visible on Mobile and PC.
It has worked well for years, I really do not understand why it stopped functioning.

I also cleaned my chache in MaxCDN, I will give my login credentials and I hope you can see again what goes wrong! Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Hello @flowdivision,

I have checked your settings. I’ve cleared my browser caches and this is what I am seeing.

Can you please send us a screenshot of what you are having in your browser screen?

Thanks.

I have checked it again on all browsers, mobile as well as on the PC, Safari, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, but the menu is sometimes visible when you go to www.flowdivision.com via Google or search with Google for video brochures - first page - videos. But if you go to internal pages via the menu, the menu disappears again.

I cleaned all browser chaches via CCcleaner and cleaned the chaches on my Iphone.

But the menu is not visible on PC and Mobile

Hi @flowdivision,

I tried it and menu displays on my PC and phone, including iPad. Could you try it on another device and on with another internet provider?

Thanks!

First I cleaned all browser caches on PC and mobile

I have made the visibility of the superfly menu well-organized with a diagram, (of course this is only a part because I have more than 80 pages)

Striking that the menu is always visible on the Service & Info page?

It is also striking that the menu is more often visible via the internal links.

It is very annoying that the menu has not been working properly for over a week, it has always worked well for several years, I hope you can solve it this time. Thanks in advance!

Hello @flowdivision,

We have tested on several devices and your menu displays as expected. Can you please test your site using other machines and on other mobile devices? Maybe you can also send us a screenshot in your devices too.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

Thank you for testing on several devices, I can’t understand that menu displays as expected, while when I test menu doesn’t show?

Please find the asked for screenshot’s for Laptop, Mobile and PC

Hi @flowdivision,

Another support here. In my case, it is showing too. Since we can’t duplicate it, can you try inspect the element if it is there? Let’s see if the actual html is there and there’s just some CSS issues affecting the display. See this screencast. You can see, right after the body, is the html for superfly button. When the menu is missing, can you inspect the page, and look if it is there or not on the source code? Please share us a screencast. Thank you.

Hi Lely,

I have not much knowledge about html or CSS, but made you a screencast recording, hopes it helps to solve this problem: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqjnXhOmzO

Thank you!

Hello @flowdivision,

No matter what I do, the menu is displaying. In the view source, the menu is there.
Please check your site on my end:

Please use incognito mode or private browsing and test your site again.

I have tried all browsers and safari mobile again in private/incognito mode, but no difference, the superfly menu is occasionally but usually not visible.
I have given my WP login details, can anything be checked, reset or reinstalled? Or is this problem unrecoverable?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @flowdivision,

I can replicate the issue but not consistently, you can replicate the issue if you visit the site in a non-secure protocol (not https://) in the very first visit on the site.

non-secure protocol
www.flowdivision.com
flowdivision.com

But if you visit the site in the very first time with a secure protocol (https://) then you will not get the issue.

secure protocol
https://www.flowdivision.com

It seems this is not the only a cache related, but how you set up the SSL has something to do with this issue as well.

The issue has something to do with aggressive cache, I’ve CLEAR and deactivated the W3 Total Cache for now and CLEAR and put the CloudFlare in Development Mode, and please clear cache your browser as well, if you encounter the issue add a ?nocache=1 to the URL so the site does not serve you a cache.

Even though the Cloudflare is in Development Mode now, the site is still served from Cloudflare, so please keep the W3 Total Cache deactivate and Development Mode for awhile.

Please contact your hosting support as well, and confirm if they don’t an internal caching and clear that as well.

Thanks,

Hi there,

I have adjusted SSL settings (301 .htaccess redirect) and I have asked my hosting support to clean the internal chaching, but the problem persists.

It seems that on external devices there is no problem and the menu (superfly) is always and everywhere visible, so I think I should leave it at that, I think you have done and checked everything?

Thank you very much for the service and cooperation!

Hey @flowdivision,

Another support guy here. I get the same result as @friech though I could clearly replicate it by reloading and visiting inner pages even if it’s in https.

When the issue happens, there’s this JS error from a Superfly JS file.

superfly-menu.js?ver=4.5.9:275 TypeError: _T.translate is not a function. (In '_T.translate((direction === 'left' ? opts.width_panel_1 : -opts.width_panel_1), 0)', '_T.translate' is undefined)

superfly-menu.js?ver=4.5.9:275 Uncaught TypeError: _T.translate is not a function

Errors like that means some files essential to the functioning of the menu are not loaded. The cause is most probably with your CDN setup. Regretfully, that is out of our control and outside of our control to fix since it’s not an issue with the plugin.

Please try temporarily deactivating all third-party plugins and optimizations and completely disconnect the CDN from your site to test further. Only activating development mode sometimes doesn’t work. Note that this is also recommended when you ask us to troubleshoot. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

If the issue persists after that then the issue could most probably because of your web host. In which case, you need to test other web hosts. There are free ones you can do testing like pantheon.io. Just note that it is not a hosting recommendation.

Thanks.

If I can just chip in here with some help…
I had the exact same problem with same error.
The fix was: check your superfly plugin version.
for some reason the new version of superfly isnt coming up as needing to be installed.
I found this on the codecanyon superfly comments.
you need Version 5.0.5 which i could only do by removing/renaming old version via ftp, and reinstalling superfly again.
hope that helps.
fixed this problem for me :slight_smile:

Hi Erilsart,

Thanks for sharing that, it will help others.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.