Menu freezing again

Hi
I didn’t get back to you quick enough im afraid the issue of the menu is not resolved.
I’ve updated x and cornerstone. Ill send you the login details.

Hey @willis1971,

I logged in to your site and have added menu items successfully. I didn’t save it though because it’s a live site. But, I’ve noticed a significant lag when adding the menu items.

Here are the things you can try to prevent the menu editor from freezing.

1. Temporarily apply the solution given in this reply from another thread. Please proceed with caution on that one since it involves PHP. One mistake and you can break your site. Remove the code once you’re done working with the menu.
  2. It’s possible that the issue comes from a third-party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Contact your web host to increase the max_input_vars server setting. The reason for the was detailed by SevenSpark in their Ubermenu documentation here: https://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-3/faqs/menu-item-limit
  4. While you’re still in contact with the web host support, ask them also to increase your allocated memory of the server. Or, do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @willis1971,

I see that your max_input_vars is now set to 5000. Have you tried the number 1 and 4 solution in the list I’ve given previously though?

Your memory is unknown and that might be the cause of the issue. Please contact your web host to increase the allocated memory to 512M or higher as I’ve listed previously.

Also, if you have browser extensions, please deactivate all of them and test if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please give us FTP access also. You can ask this from your web host.

Thanks.