Menu error - This element can not render due to invalid mark up

Hi,

When I go into Pro to edit my header I’m getting an error message stating: “This element cannot render due to invalid mark up. You may have unclosed HTML tags in your content.”

It only appears in my inline menu section: when I have selected my main menu. My menu is using uber menu.

I see when I go into Uber Menu I’m getting this error message: Please note that if your menu doesn’t seem to be working properly after using Automatic Integration, the most common scenario is that you have Residual Styling from your theme and would need to use Manual Integration to prevent the theme from interfering. For assistance, try the Residual Styling Detection / Manual Integration Tool . If the issues occur in the Direct Injection menu as well, please see Theme Interference

Can you please give advice? As you supply Uber Menu with Theme X/Pro I thought it should be compatible. I don’t want to make any of the changes it suggests until I have advice from you.

Many thanks

Hi Jane,

Thank you for the detailed information. Since you are using Ubermenu, the way to add it is by adding CONTENT AREA element. Then add the UBERMENU shortcode inside that element. On Admin > Ubemenu > Main Ubermenu Configuration > Manual Integration, please get the shortcode for the primary menu.

Hope this helps.

Thanks it now displays correctly but instead of filling the space, as per the Australian example, it’s bunched up (in the NZ example). I’ve reverted to the previous configuration while I wait for a fix.

Can you please advice me how to keep the appearance unchanged while switching to manual configuration.

Thank you.

Hi Jane,

I did go ahead and added $el {width: 100%;} to the Content Area element’s Element CSS area. Your menu looks fine in Content Area now.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.