Menu dropdown same width as container width

hi there,

i make a new homepage and i wanna know if something like this is possible:

if a menu item has a sub menu, i wanna have a triangle under the menu item. then the dorpdown for the submenu items should have the same width as the container max width (1200px).

thanks in advance

cheers

Hello Harald,

Thanks for writing in!

I suggest you to take a look at Ubermenu plugin that comes bundled with Pro Theme. Ubermenu can be installed from Pro > Validation > Extensions.

Please take a look at following resource resources to get started:

Thanks.

hi,

thanks for the tipp! i try now a lot of things with ubermenu and have one problem.
i wanna have background images so i decided to use the ubermenu shortcode generated by itself.
but when i use the shortcode it is not full width anymore?
is there a workaround how i can make it fullwidth with a shortocde?

normal integration with full width: (ok)

with shortcode (not ok should be fullwidth)

thanks in advance

harry

Hello Harald,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Can you please share website URL so we can take a closer look? I checked your licence manager and see multiple Pro Theme licences, so it’s a bit difficult for me to gauge the website in question here.

Thanks.

hi,

of course. i attached the credentials in secure note

thanks again

Hello Harald,

To resolve your issue, please edit your header and click the content area element. Find the "Customize’ tab and insert an inline element css:

$el {
  min-width: 1200px;
}

This should make the ubermenu fullwidth.

Check your test header now as I have added those changes already.

hi ruenel,

thanks that worked. but now it is not responsive anymore.
is there a way to have it responsive?

thanks

Hello Harald,

You will need to create two bars. One bar is for desktops and the second one will be for smaller screens. You can show/hide the bar by utilizing the “Hide During Breakpoints” option. You can check it more about this option from here:

Hope this helps.

hi,

thanks for your help!

i tried

$el {
   min-width: 100%;
     }

this seems to work and it is responsive.

cheers

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.