Menu area in my site does not work

Every time I try and go into my menu in my site, it will freeze or not work. I can not change anything in my menu area? But everything else is good?

Hi Johnathan,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following the steps below and see if you can resolve your issue.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  4. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

You should also take a look at our performance guide:

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.