MEC > List > Classic Shortcode issue

I am using MEC 4.8.1 and have created a MEC Shortcode ‘Test’ which is based on List > Classic view. I have selected the option to display the start and end times.

However when I run the post, - www.modburyteam.org/mec-test the start and end times are not showing. I have tried disabling all of the plugins, and activated only the MEC plugin, but the issue remains. I have tried recreating both the shortcode and the post but the issue remains.

I am not sure what the issue might be, are you able to assist me please?
Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for writing in.

To achieve that, go to the MEC shortcode’s display options and enable Include Events Time. Here’s a screenshot of it.

Hope it helps.

Hello and thanks for your response.

I have already activated that display option. This was my problem. Having activated that control I expected to see the start and finish times displayed, but they are not.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Are you aware of any customization of the MEC skins? MEC skins can be overridden by creating template files and adding them in the theme folder.

I see that the site is not using a child theme so, these are the three possibilities:

1. Customizations have been added in the Pro theme folder itself
  2. Customization have been done in the plugin files themselves
  3. There’s no customization done at all and it’s a bug in MEC

If you are not aware of any customizations, then we can say it’s an MEC bug. I haven’t seen reports about it but it’s worth a try to update to the latest version, 4.8.3 as perhaps that will solve the problem. Can you try that and see if it solves the problem?

Thanks.

Hi and thanks for your help and post.
I am not ware of any customisations that have been done to either the plugin or the Pro theme. All we have ever done is to add some CSS, but this has been put in Pro > Theme Options > CSS or in the MEC Plugin > Settings > Custom CSS. I have tried disabling these but the same issue remains.

I deactivated and then deleted the MEC Plugin and checked that the folder had been removed from the file list. I then downloaded and installed version 4.8.3 but the issue remains.

I have another site which uses Pro and MEC and on that site the shortcode works perfectly and as expected, therefore the issue would appear to be something on this site.

I have spoken to MEC but all they can suggest is that I do a fresh install of Wordpress, install and activate their plugin and then install the other plugins and restore the data. I think this would be a last resort resolution.

UPDATE:
I have installed a fresh version of Wordpress on the same domain, added the MEC plugin and Pro Theme and I am seeing the start and end time as expected.

Can you think of what might be causing the issue on my original website. If not, is there an easy way to move all of my posts and pages from one sire to the new? Do I also need a new licence on the meantime or am I able to use the same Licence, the new url is a subdomain - dev.modburyteam.org

Many thanks

Alex

Hey Alex,

The version of WordPress could be old and not compatible with the plugin. As you installed the fresh version of WordPress it resolved the issue. To move the site, here’s a quick guide that you can follow for migration https://wpshout.com/quick-guides/all-in-one-wp-migration/ or you can refer to our guide here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-hosting-how-to-migrate-your-wordpress-site/190

When a site is assigned to a license, you will see the ability to add a Development Environment. Technically speaking, this works exactly the same as production validation to ensure predictability between environments. They can be assigned and un-assigned in the same manner as production sites, described here.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.