Map Element and Google API

Hello there,

Can you please provide the steps for a “quick set up” to get the Google Maps feature working with my Theme Pro website?

“While reasonably self explanatory, it’s important to note if you use the Google option rather than the Embed option you’ll need to actually input a Google API key registered to your domain to allow the functionality to work. Otherwise you’ll see errors in your map displaying at all.”

If possible, please do not link me to the Google manuals, I had a look and I have no idea which ones to read, it will take me at least 3 years to go through them :joy:. I am hoping there are some simplified instructions.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Hello @artthescience,

Thanks for writing in!

To get familiar with the map element, please check out this knowledge base article:

In the map controls, you will need to insert Google API key so that the map functions and controls will work. If you do not have the API key, nothing will show in your map. To get the Google API key, please check out this video:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I did look at the Knowledge Base article - that’s where I got this from, but there were no more details:

“While reasonably self explanatory, it’s important to note if you use the Google option rather than the Embed option you’ll need to actually input a Google API key registered to your domain to allow the functionality to work. Otherwise you’ll see errors in your map displaying at all.”

Will check out the video! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hello @artthescience,

Are you using embedded Google map? Then you will have to get the embed code from Google Maps and insert the code in the space provided.

To know how you can get the embed code, please check this out:

And if you decide to use the Google Option, you will have to insert the necessary settings like latitude, longitude, api key, etc. to be able to display your map location.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.