Manually Updated Cornerstone now entire Dashboard is a Blank Page

Hello,

I just manually updated Cornerstone (it wouldnt let me do it automatically because the license wont validate). Now wp-admin is totally broken and blank, I cant access anything.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Just an update: We reverted to a back up from yesterday via godaddy so the update to x theme was uninstalled. I then was able to validate the license which allowed the automatic update of cornerstone from the wordpress dashboard. Unfortunately when cornerstone updated the same things happened and wp admin is blank again.

In summary I have tried manually updating cornerstone via SFTP after installing the x theme update (which was successful) and I have tried updating it automatically with the older version of x theme. In both cases the update worked but then wp-admin went blank.

Hey,

How can I access your admin page? I have tried to access it, but I got only this: http://prntscr.com/gqreor

Hi John,

I’m not quite sure what you mean because as I mentioned before the whole problem is that I cant access the admin page. If you’re asking for the URL I’ve attached that - I thought you would already have access to that which is why I didnt attach it before.

Hi there,

Did you try to update only Cornerstone to its latest version but not X? I have checked your site and it’s still in X version 4.

In order for Cornerstone to work seamlessly, kindly also update X and update it before Cornerstone.

As for your license, kindly revoke the current validation.

Then follow the steps here to validate the theme:

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately is seems you didnt read the previous messages clearly. I will provide a summary below.

1. We updated x theme via SFTP - it worked!

2. We tried to validate the license so we could update cornerstone automatically - we received error messages that said it could not be validated. We thought it might be because cornerstone wasnt updated so…

3. We updated cornerstone via SFTP - it caused wp-admin to break and the page was blank. We were concerned so we reverted to a back up on godaddy. This undid the x theme update and the cornerstone update.

4. We tried the product validation again with the old x theme - it worked!

5. We were able to update cornerstone automatically - it broke wp-admin again.

So as you can see - your suggestion to update x theme first, then cornerstone didnt work for us. And the instructions you’ve provided for validation only worked with the old x theme, not the updated version.

Its going on 3 days now that we havent had access to the dashboard, I would greatly appreciate a more thorough investigation, that actually helps us find a solution. Hopefully the granularity with which I have laid things out can help provide the clarity you need to find a solution!

For example - should I try updating x theme now? Or wait until you have a better solution? Does updating cornerstone often break wp-admin, if so what is the usual fix? Do you need additional login information to investigate?

Thanks for your help!

Hi There,

Sorry for all the confusion, we need to see the error first hand so we need to try to login to your wp-admin. You did provided the wp-admin link above, but you did not provide a username and password though. Please provide us login credentials in secure note.

Anyways, most of the time The White Screen issue is cause by a plugin. Please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. Or if you can’t access the Dashboard anymore, you can rename the plugins folder on /wp-content/ directory, this will deactivate all your plugins.

Also please edit your wp-config.php file and change the line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false);

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

What this does is it will give you the error message instead of just a white dead page. Which can possibly point us to the cause of error.

Another thing, on your .htaccess file the block there seems to duplicated, was that intended? If not, please address that.

Lastly, if you have any caching feature please purge it and deactivate it while we are still dealing with this issue.

Update your XTheme, Cornerstone, and all extensions you have installed. You can refer for the latest versions here. If the issue shows up let us investigate it (do not restore to previous version)

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello,

I have updated x theme (for a second time) via SFTP. I also changed the wp-config.php file and got this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function csl18n() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data02/27/3130127/html/wp-content/plugins/essential-addons-cs/includes/logo-carousel/controls.php on line 14

I dont know what the .htaccess file is, can you explain that to me?

We have deactivated caching for the next 3 hours.

I cant update any other extensions I have installed, because as you know, I dont have access to my dashboard.

At this point, I seriously need access to my website, this is a live website that I need to be able to access. Please tell me what I need to do to fix this problem. It is really urgent at this point, and I’m only getting a response from you guys every 24 hours.

Thanks.

Just letting you know that we figured it out and have fixed it.

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for updating us in! The error is coming from Essential Addon Cs plugin. They need to update their plugin so that it will be compatible with the latest version of Cornerstone. We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.

Cheers.

Thanks so much for such a direct reply! That what we figured out this morning.

You are most welcome!