Lower Background Video, from Vimeo link

Hi,

I want to be able to run a lower background video, directly from our Vimeo Pro account, so that I can add a textural/parallax feel on top, together with text. I can’t seem to achieve this with Advanced Background (it appears that you still don’t allow external links to Vimeo. And, I can’t achieve this using basic video embed (has very little in way of options). Please help!

Hi @stuartmurphy,

Thank you for writing in, Background Video option is designed to have a direct URL source (although YouTube video page works, Vimeo does not)

However, Vimeo Premium, Business, and Pro members have access to the direct links to their converted video files, which can be used to download or play videos hosted on Vimeo through a third-party player or web page. (more details here)

Please use the direct links to video files instead.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hello!

(although YouTube video page works, Vimeo does not)

I try to use Youtube video as lower background video. Nothing happens. I have copied the link and when saving, the page does not show any video. What I should do?

Hi @payapi,

I see multiple sites associated with your account, please provide us the direct page URL where we can see the issue. In the meantime, please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks,

Hi!

Yes, we have done all the above. This is the page: https://clickteam.net/. The video is in the first section. I have tried it the row and without the row. Nothing changes. Can not still see the video.

Hey @payapi,

I see you’re using a Youtube video. It doesn’t matter if it’s Youtube or Vimeo if it’s not a direct link though. We’re sorry for the confusion here.

You need to use a self hosted video or the actual video URL like http://vimeo.com/some-address/my-video.mp4. Notice the .mp4 at the end of the URL. It’s the actual video and not a video shown in a page like the Youtube videos and free Vimeo videos.

If you look closely at the screenshot below, you’ll see that direct video URL works.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.