Loading issue

Hello. I will leave WP user name and password as directed by Paul in thread below…

Please try to open the home page in cornerstone, as it will not load and it shows errors. See past notes.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!

The homepage is opening fine in cornerstone and I can save it too without any error.

Can you please check if you have any caching issue? just clear your browser cache and check again.

Thanks

That’s weird. I tried clearing the browser cache and switched browsers. Nothing worked. The larger pages don’t open in cornerstone. Before updating, they always took about 20 seconds to load, but they would always open and function properly.

I already allocated for more memory and time on the server, as well a everything else recommended.

What now?

Thanks

HI There,

The issue you are referring, we can’t replicate on our side. So its is very hard to suggest you a fix.
Can you create a screencast video and send us so that we can see what exactly happening on your end?

Thanks

I just click on edit page (I tried all different ways) and I get the error below…

One time it went through after about 20 attempts. I think you have to fix the amount of time cornerstone will allow a page to load before it gives you the error. The error comes up only after about 15 seconds, but the page probably needs about 20 to 30 seconds to fully load. I assume that is the issue and should be an easy fix? Cornerstone is definitely glitchy. It seems to have worked much better and smoother before.

Thanks

Hi There,

Please do the following:

• Clear any caches. An older version of the page could be stored, preventing the builder from loading
  • Test for a plugin conflict.
  • Try switching to the parent theme to see if that makes a difference. The conflict could be in your customization.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello…Please see above and other threads. We have done all that already. Parent theme is activated.

@Selbis21,

I believe that this could be because of your internet provider because upon checking on my side it loaded without any problem.

–Screenshot–

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

We have tried it on three different internet connections. Please read the threads and reference links, especially the one below…

Summary

One time it went through after about 20 attempts. I think you have to fix the amount of time cornerstone will allow a page to load before it gives you the error. The error comes up only after about 15 seconds, but the page probably needs about 20 to 30 seconds to fully load. I assume that is the issue and should be an easy fix? Cornerstone is definitely glitchy. It seems to have worked much better and smoother before.

This seems to be quite a common problem in the forum here, and a serious one at that!!!
Please pass on to the highest authority. I can’t keep typing the same thing over and over.

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I am another staff checking this thread. I have checked the pages and it seems Cornerstone is loading fine. I noticed a slow response time in loading the page. This could be because of several reasons. One of this could be your server or a plugin conflict. Since you mentioned that you have done everything to troubleshoot the issue, could you please give us ftp access to your site and may we have a permission to do some further investigation?

By the way, what browser are you using? I would recommend that you use Chrome and try to disable your Chrome extensions as it may have cause browser performance issue as well.

One more thing, please disable your caching plugin first. Caching are best turn on when you are done building or creating the pages. This will also allow you faster response and be able to see any changes in the front end immediately and not the cache version of your site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi thanks. See below for Cloudways chat. Ruenel, I tried all different browsers and computers and deactivated cache. They confirmed the issue below so it doesn’t seem right that you don’t experience it. Maybe this is a big problem and needs to be addressed in your next update, as it is all over your forum? Your editor isn’t allowing enough time to load before showing the error. See if adjusting that time limit will help, as I can’t afford anymore time lost on this. Cloudways has been optimized on all levels, as they spent 2 hours on it for you with no results.

Thanks
FTP in secure note

Wali
Cloud Engineer
Good
Wali
2:17 am
Hello! Welcome to Cloudways! Please let us know how may I help you today?

scott
hi again, any luck?
Wali
I got same error, Now I’m trying to fix it, Please bear with me.

scott
sweet!
Wali
https://theme.co/ape…ponsive-after-loading/14436/13

It is known issue with theme builder , it is appreciated if you can contact theme author regarding it

“Preview Unresponsive After Loading”@kevin_hermann It’s most likely just the cache. @soundpainting, for troubleshooting purposes, please completely uninstall W3 Total Cache. See this article for guidance. If that doesn’t help, please provide FTP access. I tried going to http://thedalles.dreamhost.com/ but it’s down. [image] @benpaul, if you’re using a caching plugin, please follow my advice previously. The article I linked to was for W3 Total Cache. If you’re using a different plugin, please contact their support to le…
Topic: Conflict with Cornerstone « WordPress.org Forums

scott
ya i have tried all that stuff.

Hi there,

Yes, it does happen on pages with longer content while host has a problem processing it. I saw it many times, and when cloned to another host it works okay. But there will be performance and optimization updates on next release, I just don’t if it can fix this specific issue from your site, but it should improve the speed.

There are many tickets similar to this and some are different causes, but most are performance issue like on this one.

I just loaded your site’s builder and it works pretty well, it loads without error so I assume it’s also related to site’s traffic. We’ll continue the investigation but since this is isolated to host then I can’t promise any solution or workaround.

Thanks!

Hi it’s not the traffic, and it’s a brand new fast cloud server. It was the update that did this and ovbiously you need to tweak the code in loading process.

Please remove the error time out warning, as I stated before that the error comes up too fast. The site doesn’t even have a chance to load in the editor.

Please remove that in the code and let the script run all day! You need to get management Incolved. I can’t just leave here without answers. I have given you all that you have asked for and spent over 6 hours on this. This is costly!

Thanks
See Secure note and image below

You can see red spinner in bottom right too. What does that mean? Also, embedded YouTube videos always give cornerstone problems. It takes about 10 minutes just to see these errors.

Check script errors below. I’m sure this has something to do with the excessive load time as well. There are no crazy html modifications to my site. This is all created within cornerstone and how you have made it function. Pages on my site without CSS have the same issue so it is not a CSS problem.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, it’s not something we could do as support, plus, we’re not very sure what’s causing this on your site as it works pretty well on other hosts. And it loads okay when the last time I checked it, it varies so it could be related to host too. But I’ll get a second opinion about this and let you know.

Thanks!

Your update made my site inacceable. I would sure as hell hope that fixing that issue would be part of your support. It’s hosted on your “approved partnered” clowdways!!! It was confirmed by them that it does not load. I sent the chat and I sent you multiple screen shots of multiple different errors.

For the 3rd time now, please remove my screen shots from this thread right now.

I expect a direct fix today. I’m not going to be responsible for this, you don’t want to be responsible for it either.

Thanks

Hi there,

The screenshot is now deleted. In that case, we’ll just continue checking. And please note that performance optimization is going to be available in next updates. But we’ll see if your current issue is related to that one as we can’t currently compare it.

Thanks!

Thanks.

What version of browser are u using? Mac?

Can’t u just remove the timeout for me while you troubleshoot and fix performance updates? I need a workaround for now.

Thanks

Hi there,

I accessed your website and installed the duplicate post plugin. And using that plugin I cloned the Members SEO page which is the one it seems that you are talking about. I checked few times the case and I could not find a strict reason why this is happening.

I do see that the request is sent to the server and it takes ages to get back a response. It is not possible to change the timeout as it is not a time based one and it has many factors in deep code which make it impossible to change.

I still can not find the problem cause. I deleted nearly all sections and only after deleting all of them except the first one then the preview showed.

At the moment the only thing that I can suggest is that for that specific page you use the Skeleton mode to change or add stuff. To do so please click on the Skeleton mode icon in the left section of the Cornerstone UI:

Then you will have a way to change the stuff even without the preview at hand:

Trying that approach I did find out that the original page was added in a very old version of the theme as the Sections and the Columns are set as the Classic ones.

I suggest that you do test the case by rebuilding the page with the new version of the theme so that it will be the new code regarding the sections and the columns. I am not telling that it is the cause of the problem, but we are doing our best here to find out why this is happening and that can be a factor here which needs your cooperation for the testing.

Finally, I do suggest that you ake a complete backup of your website and send us the file so we can install the exact same thing on our hosting service and see the result, Also, you can test the same case by installing the website on your local machine.

Thank you.

Thanks for the extra effort.

I just want to clarify…

1. You have confirmed the issue on your end?

2. What browser and version are using?

3. When I go to the site, I get a very very fast connection to the server, as it is brand new and faster than the old one. Are you saying that the server connection is only slow when trying to open cornerstone?..because navigating around on the site is fast as can be.

4. Are you going to address this in the next update, as most of your customers have built many pages and websites with your old code. This is happening with many people’s longer pages.

5. The pages that don’t work are long. They aren’t large in file size at all, which is also confusing and hints more toward a coding issue and script errors. I sent you the W3 validator code.

I don’t know that skeleton mode will work. It needs to load to be able to choose skeleton mode. Also, what’s the point if it’s never going to work properly? A lot of time went into designing the home page for desktop and mobile. Like i said before, it try’s to load, but your errors and timeouts shut it down before it has a chance to display everything. That’s new in your 2017/2018 update! That never happened in your old theme, which is why it would always open after 2 minutes. Along with the script errors, I would say that those two factors are what’s casing this and should be addressed in this next update. Even my pages with nothing on them are struggling to open properly. There are red and grey spinners everywhere!

You can save the home page and download the template to test on your environment if you would like. Even so, I use Cloudways which is what you recommend and who you partner with anyway. Even they tried everything.

Thanks again