Loaded Integrity Demo Content and it turned all text to Serif and Italics (including wordpress controls)

I have backed up my settings via the THeme Options Manager as suggested, prior to loading demo content. When I loaded the demo, all fonts everywhere switched to Serif and Italicized (menus, body, header, and WordPress controls from front end).

I reloaded my saved settings but it did not fix it.

I have since gone through my Google Fonts and loaded them back to what they were previous, however Menus and some Headers are not changing to my chosen font settings. This is very strange as I have also loaded up past backups of my site content but this issue is remaining.

There was another posting on here that was a similar problem with no proper solution. I attempted their patchwork CSS and it still didn’t solve.

Please log into my site to see if you can fix or instruct me on a suggested solution. Thank you

Hi @SonicSystems,

Thank you so much for writing in.

I just want to confirm the issue, all still italics even though you have loaded the backup?

List of fixed that you tried it works but temporary or helping:

• Adding CSS to fix the texts.

Front end Assessment:

1. Frontend, I could see that you have updated version of X theme and Cornerstone, x-v 6_0_4, cornerstone-v 3_0_4, respectively however there are errors and warnings in your browser console.

Solution:

a. For the forbidden error, re upload or delete the image if you are not using it. Or re upload it again where it is located in a folder where it is not forbidden.
b. For the warning message, The script element that loads the API has no API key. Please make sure you include a valid API key as a key parameter. You can generate a new API key on the Google API Console.

Guide on Getting a key:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

Thank you so much for sharing us your admin credentials in a secure note. I could check your setup further.

Back-End Assessment:

• I could see that you are using a lot of plugins and there are plugins that has caching functionalities.

Solutions:

• Check if there is a plugin that causing this issue. To check for plugin conflict, deactivate one by one then check if which plugin causing the problem. From there, you can identify what plugin you need to fix or remove.
  • Check plugins that has a caching functionality then purge all cache.

Related Solutions to this issue:

• Navigate to your X > Theme Options > Typography > BODY AND CONTENT and disable BODY FONT ITALIC.

If still not helping, your X theme must be broken or corrupted. You could try reinstalling your setup again. To reinstall, Delete X theme via FTP then reinstall it again.

Don’t forget to backup your setup before reinstalling again.

This link below will help you backup your site:

https://xthemeusers.com/useful-link/migrate-or-backup-site-all-in-one-wp-migration/

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you for the response.

I appreciate your time to go through those errors, however they are not related to what is happening. I have tried disabling the caching plugins with no change.

Also, the problem is more than just “the text is in italics” As mentioned, I had tried to do the solutions that were in the link I included (which also included checking and unchecking the italics feature you mention).

The problem is, the fonts for many of the sections are not changing to what is being set in Customize >Typography. Although I have changed them back to what they previosly were, they are not changing.

But, that is only part of the problem. The X-THeme console (the theme/software itself) is displaying in italics in some menu areas, and the WordPress controls are doing the same. If this was the only problem I would be fine with it, but these italicised and incorrect fonts are throughout my site too – an errored/incorect set of fonts are throughout my site, the wordpress software, and the theme controls. All of this came from uploading theme demo content.

Also, the API and image errors don’t have anythign to do with this. I can address that at another time. My main problem are these font issues and the inability to change them.

1 Like

Also, I am not able to see the image you attached clearly. If there is some better way to include it or put it somewhere I can zoom in on it properly, that would be helpful. And, I have no idea where I am supposed to add this Google Maps API. Please let me know. Below is the API if you feel inclined to help.

I am having the exact same problem with the fonts. Please help!
embodiedworkllc.com

1 Like

I have disabled all cache plugins and I have re-installed X-Theme. Neither of these helped.

Please see my attached images to understand what is happening. In Customize>Typography>Default Typography> the settings for p through H5 I have changed to the Oxygen font throughout my site but this is not actually happening. Only the paragraph font has changed, the rest remains incorrect throughout the site.

In the first headline on the Home page, it should appear as h5 (Oxygen font) but is instead italicized and a completely different font than what it should be.

Additionally, the Menu and all WordPress menu fonts on this page are the same incorrect font.

A clear problem is h5 is not inheriting properly throughout the site, so I have put a global CSS hack to help H5

h5 {
font-style: normal; font-family: sans-serif;

Also, li is the same. I have put

li {
font-style: normal; font-family: sans-serif
}

But this is not a fix, just a patch. Both have hid the error right now but not fixed the site-wide problem. If I ever want to change fonts in the future, I will need to edit the global CSS every time. Not to mention, these are still the incorrect fonts. They are just better than italiczed Serif fonts that are being shown.

Please look through this problem more carefully and help find a true fix. Updating plugins and themes are not going to fix this. Also, others have had the same problem throughout support and no actual solution has been found. If you help to find the problem now it will help others who experience this in the future.

Thank you

if you add this CSS to your Customize>Custom>Edit Global CSS this will help for now and looks better
but let’s wait for Admin’s fix on this to consider it solved

p {
}
span {
}
li {
font-style: normal; font-family: sans-serif
}

h1 {
}
h2 {
}
h3 {
}
h4 {
}
h5 {
}

Hi there,

I did try many troubleshooting steps with no result. The Italic font option is not working on your installation and I am not sure why this is happening for your case. I did test the same things on my local installation and it is working ok, I tested other 2 online installations and there is no such a problem.

Finally, I ended up changing the code that you added in X > Theme Options > CSS to:

p {
  font-style: normal;
}
span {
}
li {
}

h1 {
}
h2 {
}
h3 {
}
h4 {
}
h5 {
}

So you will have no worries about the family of the fonts and you can change them with no problem.

I also see that the Font Manager is not working correctly on your installation which drives me into conclusion that this might be a Database problem of some sort. But I can not be sure of that.

Anyways the code given now is working temporarily.

@mizmudd Please open up a separate thread and give us the Url/User/pass of your WordPress dashboard so that we can follow up with your case. Please do not add the information here as you are not the original poster of the thread and the Secure Note which you need to use to give us the information is visible to the original poster.

Thank you.

Hello Themeco

I believe this is a similar experience. I am using Pro 2.0.4.
The toggle in the Typography area of Theme Options for body/headings font to be italics does NOT turn off the italics.

I did import my theme settings from the json file I exported from another site.
I also imported my Pro Headers, Pro Footers and Global Blocks.
My Font Manager IS working, I’ve switch from Helvetica to Futura and the site changes the font family as expected.
I can set heading to upper case using the Theme Options toggle.

It seems isolated to the toggle that controls italics.

Everything seems to have transferred okay with the exception that my fonts are rending in italics.

This seems to indicate that it is a settings import issue. Any thoughts?

Hi there,

Seems to be a good point to investigate. If you are in the first stage of your website development would please do the test for us?

Please open up a separate thread and give us the result of installing a vanilla version of teh theme and test the italic options and import the settings and test the case.

We also will test that manually on our installations and get back to you in the new thread you will open for this particular importing case you have mentioned.

If that is the problem cause, then we will report this and add to our issue tracker and you will be a great bug finder on this matter!

Thank you.

hello, this code is only working to make them non-italicized. It is not working to make them the correct fonts that are selected in the Typography section of customizer. If I change font selection, the fonts do not change. They are stuck on the current ones (with the exception of Paragraphs – the paragraph font seems ot change OK). Also, if you look at the footer menus and buttons they are still italicized when they should not be.

I will try to uninstall and reinstall the Google Fonts plugins to see if that can help anything. I will check back in here afterwards. This is a strange situation considering the only thing I did was install Demo content for Integrity in order to make use of the Blog page. One simple task turned into this.

Hi there,

Indeed a strange case. I really suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and get a backup of your website prior to the demo import and test the case.

Also I wonder if you did any import like the one @wbgTHEMECO said?

I did reload a backup and problem still persisted. It’s like something went wrong with the WordPress installation or something.

Do you have any suggestions if this is the case?

So, there was a problem with the database that added to this problem. It seemed that even with a quick restore on Dreamhost the italics and font issues persisted – even when the content reverted back to old, previous content to the problem the error persisted.

I was lucky enough to get a restore done through Goodies>MySQL Databases>Restore DB from just before I uploaded the demo content. Restoring the database this way reverted the site back to pre-font error settings and content. The problem is solved, however it was instigated from uploading demo X-theme content. If anyone else has similar problems it seems that until the root of the problem is determined, the only way to repair this is to revert back to a backup of your site.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I will also add your insight to the report that I have already gave in our issue tracker.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.