Let my website lapse, but am trying to revive and update

I’ll be the first to admit I am an idiot with this stuff. But I had enough experience to create a portfolio page when job hunting a couple of years ago.

Well, I got a job, did not need the website anymore, so I just let it die.

Fast forward 2 years, I’m now starting my own photography business and want to create a simple portfolio page for myself. I am trying to use the theme I purchased for this new page, but am running into a couple of problems that I have no idea how to fix. One is just having all the proper downloads re-downloaded (The purchase code isn’t working for the Slider Rev plugin activation, for example)

I did switch the domain registry on apex to this new domain, but does anyone else have an idea of what I should do next?

Thank you for helping this not so knowledgable guy out! I just want to get this business page going!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing in! You only have to validate your X theme (or Pro theme, if you have a Pro license) and it will allow you to download all the extensions that comes with X theme and to update them automatically when updates are available.

So basically you don’t need to validate any of your extensions that comes with X theme (for example Slider Revolution). You just need to make sure that you’re using the latest X theme, Cornerstone plugin along with it’s compatible versions of other plugins by referring to our version information here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195). If required, you can follow our update guide here as well (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Please make sure to clear all caches after updating your theme and plugins by following this guide here (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I hope this works :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.

I’ll be honest guys, I’ve updated everything there is to update it seems, and I go to use an Essential Grid template but it still tells me that “plug-in activation is required” even though it also says “if you purchased a theme that bundled Essential Grid, no activation is required”

I am so lost when it comes to this stuff.

And now when I go into cornerstone, I get the message that “preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete.”

I went to bed with it working, I log in today, it isn’t working. Any ideas?

Hi Mike,

The activation you’re referring is just about license activation, and it’s encouraging you to buy license directly from them and activate. And it’s up to you but the bundled plugin doesn’t need license activation, it works as is. The benefit of having the license activated is you’re able to get updates directly from them and not from us, and you’re able to contact them for support.

As for cornerstone issue, please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note. For the meantime, please follow this troubleshooting guide:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hello Mike,

I went ahead and logged in to your site. I edited some of your pages and I could not replicate any issue.
Cornerstone is loading on my end.

You maybe experiencing some caching issue. Please clear your caches including your browser cache. You can use private browsing mode and test your site again.

By the way, are you trying to import a template for Essential Grid and you encountered “plug-in activation is required”? Please be advised that the template import feature for Essential grid is exclusively available if you have purchased the plugin separately.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I really don’t know what to say. I’m not having the problem today either. huh.

Thank you for checking!!

Glad it’s working now and you’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.