LayerSlider bug in Pro

Hi. When will the existing LayerSlider bug in Pro be fixed? I submitted a thread for this a while back:

and we’re still using version 1.1.1 for all of our sites.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, but I can’t replicate the issue on my end. Please update your Layer Slider and Theme to the latest version (refer here for the latest compatible versions).

Cheers!

see below.

Hi there,

I do see the first error about </html>, please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/the-preview-html-did-not-include-a-closing-html-message/14443 and implement the fix.

As for the second error which on your screenshot, it says jQuery conflict and set the option “Put Js Includes to body” on under troubleshooting & advanced settings box due to extra jQuery. I checked and manually scan the source code of the builder of your site and there’s no extra jQuery. I noticed that your Layerslider is updated to the version we didn’t provide, its license is active. Would you mind contacting them about this issue (your license should cover updates and supports directly from them)? Or please downgrade it to 6.6.0 (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and I’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

Thanks for getting back to us and always good to hear from you.

In regards to the error, I checked the thread you linked to and this particular site does not use W3TC. So how would this be relevant to the problem?

For the second error about the jQuery errors on the screen, I followed your instructions and downgraded from 6.6.2 to 6.6.0 and I still see the errors.

Hi there,

Ah, maybe you have cache plugin or internal cache plugin that has the same effect with W3TC. Let us know which one and maybe we can check it too. But yes, the fix is for W3TC only as of now.

I cloned your setup in my installation and doesn’t have this issue, you think you may able to disable the cache if there is any?

I also did a plugin conflict testing leaving only the theme and layerslider and still the same issue, and I continue getting a random popup with warnings when it fails to render the preview. This might be due to cache or internal issues as I can’t reproduce any of this in a different environment, plus, with minimal setup, it still the same on your site. How about cloning your site completely in a different environment? Just for testing.

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

So the Cloudways site above is a staging site already, which is using a Digital Ocean server. But per your instructions, I cloned it in a different environment. This time, I went directly to Digital Ocean and cloned the site without any caching or anything (also, it is not on Cloudways), yet I’m still seeing both the HTML and jQuery errors. I’ve included the credentials below for the second staging site

Hi there,

Thank you for the environment changed. Actually, it helped us to investigate freely on the staging website.

After checking in details I have found that the first error you encounter regarding the HTML tag not closing is caused by the Child Theme you are using. I changed the theme to the parent Pro and the error went away.

Regarding the Layer Slider, I went to the page and tested few things by deleting all of the Layer Sliders and using the Raw Content to add the Layer Slider shortcode with no result.

But then I went to the Advanced settings of the Layer Slider and disabled the internal caching and enabled the move the jQuery to the body option:

Now if you go to the Homepage in the Pro Editor you will see that the Layer Slider is working correctly.

I used the Template functionality of the Pro Editor to duplicate the page to a page called Test Page which you may need to delete to clean things up.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.