Jumplinks jump to wrong locaiton after PRO V2 update

Hi there,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We already took some measures and informed our leadership team and they will investigate this matter internally.

Now I what to mention a point about this thread. The problem with the whole case scenario is that the One Page Navigation and scroll to options are not working correctly on Pro at the moment. Now whatever we do and give the band aid solutions will not work well and it might be break soon as our development team is in the process of refactoring the whole code on that section and a complete solution will be available in the upcoming release.

We do not have any more suggestions at the time being as whatever we suggested did not handle the whole picture and there are still problems.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Same answer so wont answer in this thread as well, but noted.

1. The accordion won’t open in any page so the mixed content issue is not the issue here. Please continue dig into the issue.

2. Jump links is still jumping to the wrong direction. Please send me another jQuery solution to this so we can close the jump links soon.

Hi @bracas,

My name is Matt and I’m part of our leadership team. I also manage our support team.

I am posting this across both threads that this relates to.

Firstly, I want to share in my colleague’s apology for the inconvenience caused when one our team members inadvertently became locked out of your site after disabling plugins, during the course of his efforts to help you.

However, I would like to manage your expectations somewhat and redress the perspective. Firstly, in both this ticket and your other open ticket https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/prevent-background-color-on-sides/29056/15), you came to us asking for help relating to custom code that you have deployed on your site, as opposed to an actual problem with the theme itself. This is an important distinction because one is appropriately covered under theme support, and the other is not.

Despite the fact that your modification of the theme is. by industry standards. considered outside of theme support, we have done our best to help you. Not just on this occasion, as you referenced yourself, but in the past also, in providing you with code to customise the theme.

Just to be clear, if we do provide code to customise the theme, it should be treated as a starting point for you and we cannot be expected to continual maintain it. When updating the theme, there’s always a risk that customisations will no longer work. We are not responsible for fixing custom code that no longer works following an update.

Additionally, you should note that whilst it is generally accepted that themes and plugins should be updated when updates are available, there is no obligation on your part to do so, and it is certainly always advisable to test out updates in a safe environment before updating.

I also want to be clear that our support is provided in a public forum. Although we offer facilities to share information privately (of which you have availed yourself), if you have specific privacy concerns then it is reasonable for you to share those with us when posting. We will always try to respect those requests but I stress that this is a public forum, and therefore you should consider that when posting. It is unreasonable to expect that we will second guess your intentions in this regard.

Now regarding the mistake made by a member of our team, that was certainly unfortunate and for that you have our wholehearted apologies. In context, you should remember that this was during the course of assisting you with a problem that we are not obligated to assist with. Whilst I truly am sorry that this caused you inconvenience, I want to be clear that we will not be compensating you for this, aside from continuing to offer support to you to resolve your immediate customisation issues.

I trust that this clarifies our position. Should you remain dissatisfied with our efforts to correct your customisation issues, and the manner in which we provide support, then I would suggest that you contact a developer to assist you further.

Same answer so wont answer in this thread as well, but noted.

The accordion won’t open in any page so the mixed content issue is not the issue here. Please continue dig into the issue.

Jump links is still jumping to the wrong direction. Please send me another jQuery solution to this so we can close the jump links soon.

Any update regarding this?

Hi there,

The accordion and the jump link issue aren’t related which causes confusion in this thread. And looks like you restored the custom script as the jumping issue is back again (the stop() change). Please change this line

$('html, body').animate({

to this

$('html, body').stop().animate({

Unfortunately, there is no other way to move forward but to fix it one by one and it’s something we can’t do. Please open a new thread regarding the accordion issue and please provide a video recording. A visual guide may lessen some confusion.

Thanks!

As you can see it’s already there. It worked before theme update and have worked though updates before but now it doesn’t. We have to fix it since we use jumplinks all over the place so it’s important for us it works once again.

Hi there,

In that case, please provide the correct credentials again. I have to do some testing again, and your login page has two anti-bot verification which I have to retry multiple times before it works. Please disable the second one.

Thanks!

hmm, last time some of your colleague disabled all plugins which caused critical issues. Since we disable core things such as cdn rewrite and url rewrite. Our memory on the server spiked and we have a lot of RAM, then you can image it burned quite hard because of all 404s and changes.

I don’t know if we feel safe with letting you guys in at the moment. I will see if we can change your user role if so to lock you from such things. Since you is not the only one in your team that will see login criteria.

And no we will not disable that. Security for brute force and works good to have two, you have to translate and use a calculator if you don’t manage to take 10 - 9 = 1. And no previous password is changes so you can’t login with that.

The only thing you need access to is custom JS, correct? that I can lock down you to have. But if I unlock more features like header builder and pro you get access to too much sensitive settings. PRO team is only adding the page builder for users and not header and other panels access in the PRO.

I don’t feel safe giving you access to be able to change settings in plugins. But I don’t see you need more than access to custom JS. And I will put cloudflare in developer mode. Let me know when you want to check today. Easier to ping me is by email. Shared in secure note.

Hi there,

In that case, we can no longer troubleshoot this issue. Please also noted that updates aren’t usually mandatory, it needs to be first checked and tested to staging version of your site.

You may restore your site to previous copy where they are still working. Then clone it to a staging and update it, test and do all troubleshooting there.

Thanks!

But what do you need to troubleshoot? You do not need access to the full stack of settings. You are not even allowed to disable plugins so you won’t be able to do that. And that is not the issue why jump links isn’t jumping correct. As I see it since there is no error in the log.

Disable plugins is the “cut the corners way” and not what you need. You need to check the javascirpt correct? And that you will be able to do but not disable plugins. No we have fixed all issues expect these ones. Took us a lot of resources and hours to solve but now solve. This is the last thing together with accordion.

Hi there,

I need to troubleshoot the issue we’re discussing here in this thread, and that is the jump link where I could use a working copy as comparison to see what’s changed.

And again, I suggested a staging ( a clone of your live site ) so we don’t need to disable your live site’s plugins, features, and etc. I’m trying to do this in different direction without affecting your live site. But if it’s not possible, then, we can’t continue troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks!

You do not need to disable plugins all enabled plugin is needed for the site. We can’t see any error in the console. It’s a bug in the theme you should have a look at according to me. Since everything worked until update of the plugin. As earlier mentioned a staging site wont reflect the reality did you read that part? :slight_smile: Or might have been another ticket. But since we have such setup you can’t duplicate paid license plugins. I won’t buy another cdn domain, wild card SSL certificate etc for you to debug disable plugins. And I don’t see disable plugins being necessary here. Jump links should work as normal.

If we setup a staging that will be 70% of the reality which is no help for you. When you think you know the issue and then you don’t since it’s not the reality.

Let me know when you have a solution to suggest. And I know you don’t need to disable plugins. Are you a developer? :slight_smile:

Hi there,

As you already can read from lots of back and forth that we had, we did our best to find a temporary solution for the Jumping link but it was failed.

You need to wait till the upcoming release of the Pro version 2.1 which will contain a completely new code regarding the jumping feature as our development team in a process of refactoring the whole code on that part.

We can not offer anything more other than you be patient for the new release.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

That I can work with! When is the that expected to be released?

Hello @bracas,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As of now I am not in a position to share the release date but as per our development roadmap guide we are hoping for a April release. Please note that the launch plan is tentative and is subject to change.

Thanks for understanding.

I do understand that and read April before but just wanted to confirm it was that sprint. Yes but if it’s solved in May it’s OK. Let me know what actions etc I need to take to fix it if the code should be deleted or will work after the update etc when the release is here.

thanks!

Hi there,

After the update, you will need no custom code to have the scrolling effect on the links in the page including having them in the Navigation Inline element.

So you will need to delete any custom code you have.

Needless to say that you need to have a complete working copy backup of your website before any update including this upcoming one.

Thank you.

Ok good!

Yes we always have backups, taken every week regardless updates or not.

Speak more soon!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.