JavaScript Error after Cornerstone update

Hi there. After a recent Cornerstone update my client’s site http://www.kcequipment.com.au started getting an error on some modal pop-ups.

The modals are generated by the Bootstrap Modals plugin, which we’ve been using without incident since the site was launched. Now when triggered they display nothing except an overlay, and cannot be closed.

I’m receiving the following error in the console:
Uncaught TypeError: this.$backdrop.one(...).emulateTransitionEnd is not a function

When I deactivate Cornerstone the modals work fine again.

The modals are triggered by text links and buttons, such as the “JOIN US” button in the footer.

(PS - I know Convert Plus now offers this functionality, but my client has DOZENS of contact forms used in modals, and makes new ones all the time. The current workflow means the client only has to use a shortcode to load a modal to a page. Using Convert Plus will mean every page will need to be edited, the theme files will need to be edited and my client will have the extra step of creating a Convert Plus modal whenever they want to create a new landing page etc…)

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your website, but I couldn’t find the Join Us button in your footer as you have mentioned. If you provide us with the URL to your modal page, we can look into it.

Upon investigating this issue further, I have seen that you have submitted your query to WordPress support as well. You may also try searching Bootstrap issue tracker as well (https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/issues).

Thanks!

My apologies, the JOIN UP Button is now back.

Alternatively you can see modal pop ups on the large red buttons on most pages including

and all product pages.

I have done a bunch of searching online for a solution to this problem, including using the resources you mentioned above. Unfortunately I have not found any answers.

I did see a few other people on this forum had some similar issues with JavaScript conflicts. And given that the modal plugin works with every other plugin I have, except the latest Cornerstone, I’m thinking it looks like maybe something to do with Cornerstone.

Anyway, I’m really hoping you can help out. Thank heaps.

Hi there,

I checked your website and see the error, Tried few troubleshooting steps but unfortunately no result. This is a conflict between Cornerstone and a 3rd party plugin which indeed outside of our support scope. You will need to contact the plugin developer for more investigation.

Anyway, there are lots of people using the Cornerstone and we can not apply drastic changes to ake the Cornerstone compatible with a 3rd party plugin.

We do have the modal plugin called ConvertPlus as you have mentioned which is already the plugin of choice for our theme about such cases.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.