Italic font on whole site

Hi support team,

I’ve read about this bug in another thread:

I also imported json file from an older project…

Is there another solution yet?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! You seem to have quite a few licenses registered on your account so I am not sure which website is in question. Can you please share the URL of your site so we can take a closer look? In the mean time test for the following first:

1. Look out for an unclosed <i></i> tags in your content and close it, this could be changing the font style to italic.

2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

3. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

6. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

Thanks.

Thank you.

1. There are no tags in my content. The problem expands not only to the body but also to the menu and all headings.
  2. The latest version of X is installed, the few plugins are all uptodate. Except Cornerstone (due to server related Problems “Gateway timeouts”)
  3. I’m afraid I can not make a backup right now due these server related problems. I’m waiting for my hoster to fix this in the next few days.

If this helps - it happened today when I disabled the Font Manager in Theme Options to change a font. After that all the Menu- Heading- and Bodyfonts turned italic. Furthermore the preview does not show any changes I edit in CSS.

Maybe you can check the problem anyway - as I red in the thread above this seems to be a bug…

Thanks a lot!

Hi There,

Thank you for credentials but the dev site requires authentication (see screenshot below).

This bug has been resolved from Pro 2.1.0, X 6.1.0, Cornerstone 3.1.0, I was actually able to test this just now as one of my old dev site (Pro 2.0.1) has this italic issue. I have updated that dev site to the latest version (Pro 2.2.4) and the issue has been fixed.

If you still experience the issue after the update, please navigate to Theme Options > Typography toggle the BODY FONT ITALIC to ON then save. Then toggle it back to OFF then save again.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Sorry, I forgot to send you this login.

I tried what you suggested, nut I’m afraid it did not work. All the fonts, including the top bar, navbar, bodytext are italic. (the headings where set to italic via CSS, so that is correct).

I’d be happy if you could find the problem.
Thanks!

It is done! I don’t know if we worked on it at the same time, but now the fonts are back to regeular where they should. There seemed to ba some kind of delay…

Thanks for your help!

Hey @blueprint,

Upon checking, your body font is already fixed. Resetting your Navbar font works. Your Heading font is stuck though. Please provide us with FTP access in a Secure Note and we could try to reset the option. Or, you can do it yourself by adding this code in your functions.php then try to reset the setting in Theme Options.

delete_option('x_headings_font_italic');

Thanks.

Thanks a lot! Everythings seems to be working for now!
There seems to be so kind of delay when applying changens. But It looks ok now.

Appreciate your help so much!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.