Issue with x-generated-css

Hi there, I have an issue when updating my parent theme to the most recent release of X. The styles on my site appear super large. After carefully inspecting the code, I removed the x-generated-css div and it reverted back to my original styles. How can I either remove this, or have my style.css for my child theme win?

I understand this is what encapsulates the customizer code, but I didn’t have the issue on the previous version. The customizer settings are identical. What causes this to happen and what can I do to fix this?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If that does not work, it is not a caching issue. Please ensure that both the X theme and the Cornerstone plugin is up to date. Our latest version is X 6.2 and Cornerstone 3.2. When after you update, you are still experiencing the same issue, please provide us access to your site so that we can investigate further.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi - thank you for the quick response. I am not running WP super cache or anything like that. I have flushed browser cache and WP Engine cache, but end up with the same issue. I reverted back to my old install, which is outdated w/ the following error, but displays correct:
o.hoverIntent is not a function. (In ‘o.hoverIntent(l,c,u)’, ‘o.hoverIntent’ is undefined)

I updated the theme which takes care of that error, however, the styles are off due to that class added by xtheme.

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hi @quincyadam

Okay, we have seen it, please let us know which version are you updating from? and proceed with the update process.

Thanks.

Version 3.1.1. I’ve commenced updating to the latest. I’ll follow-up once it’s completed.

The theme is updated. Check it out.

Hi @quincyadam

I can see your website now and I can see the problem, please try to disable “X-shortcode” plugin and clear your browser cache then recheck this issue.

As you can see some of the plugin’s CSS files are conflicting with the new theme version.

If this didn’t help, then please try to disable all other than Cornerstone plugins, and recheck this issue, also try to activate the parent theme instead of the child one.

Thanks.

I just changed my style.css files to be below the x-generated-css; that seemed to fix it.

Related question to error mentioned above regarding Cornerstone: does Themo.co offer bulk licensing for themes? I have multisites, which have several subsites with different domains. The Cornerstone issue won’t disappear unless I purchase a license for each subsite. Is there an agency package that covers more than individual licenses?

Hi @quincyadam

No, we don’t have bulk license solutions, however, I’m not sure I can fully understand the cornerstone issue you mean? and how it’s related to license?

Any of our themes license is valid only for two websites only so you can use it for a live site and staging one.

Thanks.

The Cornerstone issue I’m referring to is: (In ‘o.hoverIntent(l,c,u)’, ‘o.hoverIntent’ is undefined)

My outdated versions of X have this issue, and if I understand correctly, I need to purchase a new licensed version of X to address this issue for all of my previously licensed websites; which is why I asked about bulk solutions. I have Google ads getting dinged due to console errors that the old version produced. It’s just costly not having a solution outside of upgrading to a new theme.

I read other threads related to this error, but the only recommendation I see is to update the theme.

Hi There,

That error is too far from licensing. I don’t see the licensing is causing that error.

I can not see your X and Cornerstone version. It could be your X and Cornerstone is not compatible, make sure your X and Cornerstone is always compatible, you can do that by deactivating and deleting your current Cornerstone then navigate to X > Validation, wait for a few seconds and let X re-install the right version of Cornerstone.

Yes, updating both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions ensure they are compatible with themselves and to the latest WordPress as well, so updating to the latest version is always the first recommendation. However, it is understandable that these (WP, Theme, Plugins) updates might break some of the modification you did on the child theme, it is your responsibility to update the modifications you did on the child theme if it needs to be.

Cheers!

There were 2 separate issues. (1) The x-generated-css issue I resolved on my own. I understand issues will often times break child theme setups. No complaints from this end on that. (2) My inquiry about licensing, is a separate issue regarding: (In ‘o.hoverIntent(l,c,u)’, ‘o.hoverIntent’ is undefined). There doesn’t appear to be any fix documented outside of purchasing a new license.

Please elaborate. “That error is too far from licensing.” What causes this particular issue? I’ve deactivated all plugins and still end up with it. I can reference other threads from other customers if need be, but I’d prefer there being another solution that doesn’t involve a new license cost and upgrading X or Cornerstone, if that makes sense?

Hello There,

“In ‘o.hoverIntent(l,c,u)’, ‘o.hoverIntent’ is undefined” could came from other files. Please share which file it is coming from. Maybe some of the files with the theme were corrupted during the updates. How did you do it by the way? Manually or through automatic updates via Dashboard > Updates or in the themes section? We could not replicate the issue from our local testing servers. This issue is unique to your WP installation. If you can create a staging site were we can investigate, that would also be great.

Please let us know how it goes.

I think it’s from X:
Uncaught TypeError: o.hoverIntent is not a function
at HTMLDocument. (x-head.min.js:1)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

Hi There,

That could be any (but not limited) with the following points.

• A plugin conflict, it does not mean the error is coming from a file, that does not mean that file is causing the issue, the issue could be a plugin conflict and the "In 'o.hoverIntent(l,c,u)', 'o.hoverIntent' is undefined" is just an aftereffect of it. I understand that you already have done a plugin test, please do it again with no caching and any optimizer features involve.
  • A conflict between old X, Cornerstone and updated Wordpress (or the other way around), you mentioned above that you restored the X to the old version, but did you restore the Cornerstone and Wordpress version too?

Is that the site you’re working on below? We are kind of looking blindly there because 1) We can not see the version of your X and Cornerstone from the <body> class, not sure what you did there or are you using X at all? 2) the error "In 'o.hoverIntent(l,c,u)', 'o.hoverIntent' is undefined" is not showing up on our end. Maybe we are looking on a different site? Please clarify.

• A conflict between a modification you made on the child theme and parent X or Wordpress. One way to test this is to switch to the parent theme.

• And also like Ruenel mentioned above, this can be also linked to a corrupted file issue when core files get damage when you do the updating/restoring process. If you still have the original copy of X when you start building the site, try to reinstall that.

Please consider this possibility, it can be one or combination of those.

Sorry, but I can not see how you linked this error with licensing, the only way I can link this error with licensing is because you need a license before you can update X and Cornerstone (automatic update). Updated X, Cornerstone, Wordpress, and Plugins can settle conflicts unless the conflict is on the child theme modification.

Hope this shed some lights.

I appreciate that you’re helping me triage the error, and I realize this should be a separate support thread, since it’s unrelated to x-generated CSS, but I think you’re misunderstanding my comment about the license. I’m commenting on what you pointed out: “the only way I can link this error with licensing is because you need a license before you can update X and Cornerstone (automatic update).”

What I was suggesting is that I purchased multiple licenses last year (or the year prior). As you noted, at some point in updating Wordpress, plugins or Cornerstone, there’s a conflicts such as the ‘o.hoverIntent’ issue which cannot be addressed unless I purchase a new license to get the new version of Cornerstone.

I have the control to roll back my version of Wordpress, or plugins. I can modify the the template code I license. If I understand correctly, I don’t have access to Cornerstone, which is what needs to be modified to fix this issue, no? If I’m misunderstanding this, can you direct me to where I can obtain different versions of Cornerstone or suggest how to address this without upgrading?

Hey @quincyadam,

Can you tell us where you got the information that you need to purchase a new license to solve the the ‘o.hoverIntent’ issue? That information is not correct. You don’t need to do that. Even if you bought X from the beginning, you still could update to the latest version for free.

If you’re using a very old (when Cornerstone does not exist yet) version of X, you would need to manually update X first. Follow the Manual Update instruction from https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62. Once the latest version of X is installed, in your WP Admin Menu, go to X > Validation and X will automatically install the latest compatible version of Cornerstone for you.

Then, do the Product Validation. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/ so you can receive automatic updates.

Running the latest version of X and Cornerstone usually solves most issues. If that does not help, we could really need to login to your WP Admin to check your setup. You mentioned you’re using WP Engine, you can copy your site to staging server and provide us staging WP admin access instead.

It would also be best you open a separate thread for the continuation of this issue to avoid confusion. Just post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.