Issue with Widget

Hi there, I’m working on a new site and using the WPML plugin. When I added a new page, my sidebar is showing up as a code (only on the french version) It works on all other pages, I’ve tried deleting and restarting the page. I’ve also tried using the ‘Widgets’ element instead of ‘Classic Widgets’, this also doesn’t work. This page is a template, same as all the others.

I’ve also cleared cache and done all updates. Please help!

Also, if you visit the page /services/egg-freezing/?lang=fr you will see it is working, but displaying the wrong content. If you Edit in Cornerstone, the french text is there, but if you view on front end it’s displaying the english text

Hi Adwin,

Thank you for writing in, regarding the sidebar, please follow the solution provided here.

Regarding the second issue please follow this thread here

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi there, Neither of these are the fixes. Could you please look at the links again to see the issues

If you log in to the site, you’ll see when you edit page with Cornerstone that the french translation is all in there, but its not displaying on the live page (its showing the english - no clue why)

As for the sidebar, its showing up all code. Again, no clue why as its the same as all my other pages

Thank you

Hi Adwin,

The method that you used to translate the page using the WPML String Translation will not work as there are much different stuff happening in the Page Builder level and the usage of the Widget Area element.

I installed the duplicator plugin and copied the page in question. Now do as follows:

• Go to Appearance > Sidebars and add two sidebars. Call one French and the Other one English. For more info click here.
  • Go to Appearance > Widgets and add French widgets to the French Sidebar and English Widgets to English sidebar.
  • Go to the page that I duplicated and add only one Widget Area element to the page and select the French sidebar.
  • Save the page and then click the little English flag Icon in the Cornerstone right bottom screen:
  • Then select the copy from French:
  • Now you will have the English version of the same page. Go over all the elements and change the text from French to English and for the Widget are select the English sidebar.

That will do the trick :slight_smile:

Hi there, I’ve followed your steps here, and the new sidebar still is broken: http://108.163.189.162/~fertility/fr/services/pre-implantation-genetic-screening/

Please also see this page with issues within the content and the sidebar:
http://108.163.189.162/~fertility/fr/services/ovarian-stimulation/

The french pages are still display the english content on some of the pages, even though when you edit the page the proper french content is in there.

Hello Adwin,

Can you please create another section with the same number of columns and contents? If the issue will not appear in the newly created section,there must be a corrupted data in one of the column settings which has caused the issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, I tried this on http://108.163.189.162/~fertility/fr/services/pre-implantation-genetic-screening/ and the sidebar is still broken and the page is still displaying the english content. The new section does not even appear at all.

Hi Adwin,

That is strange. My colleague added another simple page, and it shows that usage of the Classic elements is the issue. The Text element works correctly, but the Classic text element does not.

I checked my installation, and that is not the case, but my installation uses an older version of the WPML plugin. So, as you did all the tests and we did what we could for debugging the conclusion is that the version of WPML you use is not compatible with the theme.

We will double check the case with our development team, but at the moment, the official supported version is mentioned here. I do not have any means to know if that is the case as I do not have access to the latest version of the plugin to check.

If you can be kind and upload the latest version file somewhere and link it in a secure note we will double check the case with the new version and our installation to see if this is a version compatibility case or not.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

ok done ,thanks

Hello Adwin,

The issue with this version is still under investigation. What happened is, there is a string translation of the page on WPML > Translation before the builder was use. This existing translation takes precedence over the Cornerstone translation. As an alternative solution for now, please delete existing translation and restart translating the page again. To do that, under French Pages List, try to delete that page.

Then open the English page using Cornerstone Builder > on the lower right part of the page, click the FRENCH flag and start translating it again.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Do let us know how this goes. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.