WPML can't link front page to other language

Hi, i’m using theme X Pro, and it can’t normaly work with WPML automatic translations. So i always translating pages like this: Dashboard -> Pages -> Edit -> Settings -> Check duplicate box -> Check Media attachments -> then click translate independantly.

I’m succesfull translated full website from English language to Russian.
Now i want to translate from English language to Lithuania, and i got isue.

I succesfull translated every page from english to lithuania exept Front page - Home.
I just can’t link it. When i duplicated it does’t link to russian or english language, and it lost content. I can independant create content for this page but anyways as i said i can’t link it.

When i go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading -> Your homepage displays - it says:
„Your home page does not exist or its translation is not published in French, Lithuanian.
Edit this page to add translations“

If i choose to make front page in lithuania language when i lost front pages in russian and english.

Could you help me with this?

Disclaimer: Later i will translating web to france, so for now i created 4 language in web. That’s why in reading setting it says something about France.

Hi @graphictaste,

I assume it was translated this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmmyU6MtXY8. Where it only search visible strings and replace it. And it was not really translated within the builder before. And it seems like it based on the existing old content.

For that, I recommend translating it within the builder. Example, switch to English page and save it as a Template, then switch to German page and import the saved English template. Then edit it and translate the content of the German page.

This is an old video for old cornerstone, and it should be translated that way even before

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.