Is there a Pro overview and tutorial?

Hi Guys, I have been using the enfold theme for a long time and have been convinced that X Pro is much better. Is there a video tutorial to take me through the essentials in setting up my next new web design projects.

Can you clarify the first steps in building the site? Is Cornerstone the layout builder and the x pro dashboard is the content editor? And does one still use plugins? I am diving in the deep end here rather apprehensively.

Thanks Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for writing in, first I would like to clarify that X and PRO is a different theme (but with the same features), X (sold on ThemeForest) requires the Cornerstone plugin, while PRO (exclusive by us) is not, because Cornerstone is built-in in PRO (a.k.a the Content Builder), please see the article below for more details about the difference between X and PRO.

The Difference Between X & Pro

So basically, when building a new site in X or PRO you need to configure the general settings of the site first that is under PRO > Theme Options. This is where you configure the general look, layout, and feel of your site, you can configure each element (detailing) later when you’re building the page in Content Builder.

Set up a Color and Font-family through Color Manager and Font Manager, this will help you select a color and font-family quicker throughout the site later on when you’re building the page. And one advantage of this is if you decide to change a color or font to use in the future, you only need to do it in one place and not per element.

You can start building a page in Content Builder, by creating a new page, adding it a title, and clicking the Edit with Pro button.

Then you will see a big EDIT WITH PRO button, click that and that should bring you to the builder.
-

Regretfully, this is the only Introduction video tutorial that we have now, its a bit outdated so it has a different interface of Content Builder, but the concept is the same.

Cornerstone / Content Builder - Introduction

We do have a lot of new video tutorials on our Youtube Channel but it might be advanced for you at this stage.

Feel free to get in touch with us regarding any further queries about the Pro, X, and Cornerstone.

Cheers!

Hi @friech, is there any way we go meet up online and you walk me through the basics of this theme. The way it works is totally new and different from what I have been used to with enfold. If you could spare some time, I am very sure it would save hours trying (hopefully not in vain) to work this theme application out. Thanks Rob - skype robredwood

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately, we are only available on this forum.
For another detailed guidance that is broken by topic from setup to elements, please check our KNOWLEDGE BASE.

For advance topic and guidance on using the builder, please subscribe to our youtube channel

You can also check our changelog here.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.