Integrity Stack - remove separator after entry-date

Hi. Using the Integrity stack and a child theme. Was able to hide the .entry-date from the post meta data. But cannot hide the separator that follows the .entry-date. My CSS is:

.blog .entry-date {
display: none !important;
}

Can someone help, please?

Thank you.

Hi @SwissArmyKnife,

Thanks for reaching out.

The entire date container should be hidden, please change that CSS to this

.blog .p-meta span:nth-child(2) {
        display: none;
    }

Assuming the date is on the second position of post meta, hence span:nth-child(2). Please change it accordingly based on your post meta.

Thanks!

Thank you. That worked perfectly.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Rad were able to help you out.

Rad, I have 2 new (and related) requirement:

1 - show only the Author name, preceded by "Written by: ". Ex: Written by: Dick Knuth
2 - display this at the bottom of the except. This string floated left, and the Read More floated right.

Can this be done? Thank you.

Hi @SwissArmyKnife,

1. Yes, it could be done, please add this CSS as well
.p-meta span:nth-child(1) i {
     display: none;   
    }
    .p-meta span:nth-child(1):before {
        content: "Written by:";
    }
  1. That would require template development which will be a bit complex since read more is part of the content structure while post meta isn’t. I recommend contacting a developer for better implementation. And you can direct them here for reference of how templates should be edited.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205,
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-upload-xtheme-to-child-theme/43246/2,

Thanks!

Rad, I have learned a lot from you on how these strings of meta-information are structured. And your solution worked. Based on your teachings, I was able to remove the remaining separator after the Author’s name. Pretty doggone cool!

I can find the template that builds this index page and relocate the remaining meta information to the bottom of the excerpt.

Thank you, Rad. Have a great day!

You’re most welcome and glad I could help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.