Instancing pages within other pages no longer working

Hi,

It was requested that I create a new thread about an issue I was having from this thread:https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-breaking-with-insert-pages-plugin/10388/8

It appears that the new switch to Ember has made it so that pages built inside of cornerstone can no longer be inserted into other pages. For example, I have a site that has a Quick Links section in each page that links to various pages around the site.

I created a single page with the Quick Links content, and then inserted it into sections on the pages of my site. That way if anything changed in the quick links section I just had to make one change and the change would be reflected everywhere throughout the site. I’ve done things similar to this in few other sites. I’ve used both the Insert Pages plugin for pages, and Content Views plugin for posts/portfolio content.

My concern is that the new builder appears to now reference IDs which are specific to the page being viewed as opposed to actual content and settings that built the sections.

Now we have this:

As opposed to this:

So with this new system, when it looks for Section ID 1, it just repeats the first section of the page it’s embedded in, as opposed to the first section of the embedded page. I know that this completely breaks with Insert Pages and I’m concerned that it will be broken with Content Views as well but I have not updated a site using that yet for fear it will break.

Being able to reference or instance one page within another was a huge time saver that ensured a single change can be applied across all instances quickly. Now if I wanted to do the same, I’d have to manually update 50+ pages as opposed to one. Now I know that “templates” are supposed to be coming, but if I still have to load up 50+ pages and apply the new template to each, that’s a step backwards.

I’m not sure if it’s something you can implement back in (reference the post ID?), or implement your own method of this, but it’s a feature that I used a lot and now have to make the choice of not updating those sites for the foreseeable future (leaving me potentially vulnerable), or having to edit and change many many pages, and in some instances losing entire functionality of sites.

Hi there,

Thank you for the detailed information. Yes, our new implementation is as you described. I will inform our development team regarding this and will ask for their input.

At the time being, you will need to use the Widget Area element to add a sidebar to the pages which will have the same effect for you. You will change the Widget and it will be changed wherever you call that specific widget using the Widget Area Element.

For more information:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.