Installing Xtheme on my local laptop for development

Hey everyone,

I setup a docker environment on my laptop for me to local development on my site. I am not using Xtheme Pro (thinking about upgrading) so how do I get it activated on my local laptop so I can develop with it?

Where can I find the information about what add-ons I need in order to run it locally?

Thanks!

John Gibson

Hello John,

Thanks for writing in!

Please take a look at the solution shared in following thread:

Thanks.

Prasant,

Thanks for the info. It was majorly helpful. My question is how I validate the staging enviornment? Do I just plug in the localhost and the port or is there something else I need to do?

Hello John,

Validating the theme installed in your localhost is the same as validating a live or staging site. Simply go to your APEX account and manage your licenses (https://theme.co/apex/licenses). Make sure that the license is assigned to your localhost site url which can be found in Settings > General.

​To validate X or Pro properly, please do the following:
1] Please login to your account and assign the license. You need to assign the license to your site using this url: {your localhost site url}. You have to make sure that url you just assign is the same as the one you have in your settings, Settings > General > Site Address
2] In your localhost, go back to X > Validation again, and insert the license code.

And please review the changes that we made on how you are going to validated your X theme because we made a big change in the process. Please check it out here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your help. I am doing it in a very different way. I have used MAMP in the past and wasn’t a fan. Now I use docker.

I am writing out a tutorial on how to do this if you would like to see it.

John

Hello John,

You’re most welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

If you have a tutorial, that would be a great resource for other users as well.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.