Indian Critic Demo

Hi… I downloaded demo Ethos 1 to my website. Please see how it turned up. http://indiancritic.com. How do I fix it?

Hello Abhinav,

Thanks for writing in!

The ethos demo is utilizing the Filterable Index option. This means that you will need to insert certain category IDs in X > Theme Option > Ethos > Blog Option > Filterable Index > Category IDs. Only these categories will be visible in your index. At the moment, I have change it to 30, 127, 225. Only posts from Entertainment, Food & Recipes and Politics will display in the index. If you want to display all post items, simply disable the Filterable Index option.

To know more about this option, please check out “Filterable Index” section in this article:

To get the category ID, you may check this out:

Thank you. It is helpful. The only thing I want to know is how to set my posts as featured. I don’t see the option to set it as featured anywhere.

Hi Abhinav,

You’ll have to edit each post and mark them as featured like shown here

That is if you enable the featured options in Theme Options > Ethos

Thanks!

Thank you so much. This is helpful.

I see that some blog posts as shown in the screenshot are highlighted. How do I do it?

Hi Abhinav,

It’s the Index featured post layout from the above screenshot. Then you can choose its size :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

Yes it helps. Hopefully one last thing.

If you go to any post on my website : indiancritic.com, you will see that the meta tag between category and by author is missing a space. How to correct it?

Hey Abhinav,

This issue has been corrected in the latest release, please update both X and Cornerstone to their latest versions. To know more about the latest update please see https://theme.co/changelog/

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

I am trying not to upgrade to the latest version because all the demos have been wiped out in the new versions - only about 12 sites are available when I last checked. Is there a way I can fix it directly in the code without upgrading?

Hi Abhinav,

Yes you can fix it temporarily by adding the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

.p-meta > span:first-child a {
    margin-right: 4px;
}

Just remember to remove that code when you update X and Cornerstone to the latest version as that would cause a double space because it has been addressed in the latest release.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. It fixed it.

I have a question on upgrade. If I upgrade to the latest version, the template that I am using (Ethos 1), it will not go away right?

Hi Abhinav,

In short, no, it won’t go away if you update to the latest version. For the sake of complete accuracy, I will point out that this template is no longer available to download from new in the later version, but it will not remove that which you have already installed, so you’re good to update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.