Icons not appearing in Cornerstone

Just recently when I go to edit a page using Cornerstone, the icons don’t show up. I just get little square boxes. You can hover over them and the description pops up but there is no icon. I have absolutely no reason why that’d happen. Any suggestion on how to get it working again??

1 Like

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please login to your FTP and add this on your .htaccess file.

AddType image/svg+xml svg svgz
AddEncoding gzip svgz

If this does not work, please contact your hosting support on how you can add MIME Type effectively.

If the issue persists please provide us login credentials in a secure note, so we can do further investigation.

Cheers!

Hello. I’m having the same problem … Working on IIS 6.0.
This used to be working before our server crashed and started happening after a new server installation, restoring WordPress with UpdraftPlus, and update of Theme X and Cornerstone to the latest version.
I have added MIME Types svg and svgz, I have also created htaccess file in file in root directory and added the 2 above mentioned lines. I have also tried everything written here (and the additional links in the thread): https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/some-icons-in-xtheme-and-cornerstone-interface-not-displaying/#post-1036430
Kindly ask for your help. Thank you!

Please open a separate thread and give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note. Also post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.

Hi, I’m not sure how to login to the FTP as this is for a client site and I only have access to their WP site and nothing else…

Hi There,

Unfortunately you will need the FTP access to do the changes above. You can either contact your hosting provider and ask them to do the changes or you can get FTP details from them as well.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.