Icons disappeared June 2019

ALL of my icons have disappeared on my site. I’ve tried everything. Any solves?

Hello There,

We are using Fontawesome to display icons. I can see that fontawesome have issues displaying on your site. I saw this error:

Access to font at 'https://mrtingproductions.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fa-regular-400.woff2' from origin 'http://mrtingproductions.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Could you please try following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-font-awesome/2002) and see if that resolves your issue.

Hope this helps.

Hi @aterna13,

Have you recently updated your site? That could be the issue, please try disabling the cache plugin or feature in case it still serves old files.

Else, please provide your admin login credentials in the secure note and we’ll check it first.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

So sorry - but I just talked to theme punch about essential grid and I purchased the license so i could have access to the templates pre-made. They said that you guys hide that option because of the bundle. So how do i access the templates if i bought a new license for it? Thanks

Hello @aterna13,

Thanks for updating in!

To resolve your issue, assuming that the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// =============================================================================
// Enable Essential Grid License code
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_essential_grid_theme_setup' ) ) :

function x_essential_grid_theme_setup() {

GLOBAL $EssentialAsTheme;

$EssentialAsTheme = false;

}

add_action( 'admin_init', 'x_essential_grid_theme_setup' );

endif;

Please let us know how it goes.

this is very embarrassing - because I’m so new at this - but where exactly do I add above? I’m in child’s theme - do i add it to line 25 or use a space? I just don’t want to mess anything up

Hello @aterna13,

Thanks for updating the thread.

If you have installed and activated child theme then navigate under Appearance > Theme Editor and in right side click on functions.php file. You can add the code at the end of the function.php file.

Thanks.

LAST question, I swear! Everything is great - thank you - but I want to change demos (like say from Agency to Integrity,) do I need to reinstall the child’s theme etc for that particular demo? I’m trying to learn from scratch - thank you.

Hello @aterna13,

When you switch between demos, you do not have to re install the child theme. You just have to go to X/Pro > Validation > Demo Contents and import which demos you’d like. Keep in mind that theme options settings will be overwritten when you load different demo contents.

Hope this helps.

I just updated my WP and my header is broken - it won’t display the logo and my site name is backwards. Please help!

Hi @aterna13,

Please navigate to Theme Options > Header and reset your Logo.

In the same panel Theme Options > Header look for NAVBAR LETTER SPACING option and make sure it’s not in a negative value.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.