Icon Stack - Getting Blog Post Image to Post Above Title

Hi there!

Iā€™m just developing a new site on the icon stack and Iā€™m formatting the blog now.
I would like the Featured Image to display above the Post Title.

How could I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance,

Nikki

Hello Nikki,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Placing featured image above post title fall outside the scope of the support we offer as it require custom development. However I can share necessary steps that you can take to make required changes.

Shifting featured image aove post title requires making modification in template files. For that I highly suggest you to please install and setup child theme. To download child theme please use following resource. I am also sharing documentation we have published that you can refer to learn more about setting up child theme and best practices we suggest:

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Once you have installed child theme, please navigate to /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/icon/ and copy content.php file and paste under /wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/icon/. You may need to create necessary child folder.

Next, you need to copy code from line number 16 that starts with <?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) : ?> till line number 20 i.e <?php endif; ?>. After that you need to paste the code right after line number 12 i.e <div class="entry-wrap"> to make the necessary changes.

Save the changes and upload the files. Hope that helps you to get started.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you!
Now to finesse it. I appreciate the quick reply!

-Nikki

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.