I turned off Permission for Portfolio for Editor but it's still showing on dashboard

Hi, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong - although it looks like it’s just a matter of clicking the button to turn it on and off - but for the permissions for the editor I’ve turned the Portfolio off, but it’s still showing on the dashboard. I’ve cleared my cache and logged off and on again but it still shows no matter what I do. The other options I’ve selected to be hidden for the editor aren’t showing, so I don’t know why it isn’t working for the Portfolio.

Thanks

Hi there,

Those permissions will grant users the ability to edit those post types in the content builder. They will still appear in the backend for the Editor role since Editors can updates post by default according to the default WordPress capabilities.

Sorry, I don’t follow what you’re saying. When you say it grants the ability to edit the post types in the content builder, for the Portfolio, does it mean the editor can still create a portfolio from the dashboard but can’t add it to a page in Cornerstone?

Cheers

Hello There,

The Editor role has a permission to access all of the content, but not themes, plugins, or widgets. Editors can publish, edit, or delete any page or post, including those labeled “private”. They can also moderate comments and manage categories and links. In short, editors can do almost anything with content, but they can’t change any settings.

“Edit in Cornerstone” tab may no longer exist for the Editor role, they can still create a post, pages or portfolio items. The Permissions manager will only manages the use of Cornerstone and does not restrict a user from creating a post, page or a portfolio item. Please check out this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

Hope this helps.

Ah ok, it’s just a bit confusing as to why ‘Portfolio’ is listed as an item you can turn on or off for the Editor!

Thanks

You’re welcome. As my colleagues had said, the Permission is only for Cornerstone. Turning on Cornerstone for Editor means the Editor could use Cornerstone. Turning it off, he will not be able to use Cornerstone but the default WP editors are still available to him/her.

Still none the wiser! I’ve just got mind block when it comes to that i think and that it’s been a very long day!

Thanks muchly for explaining it though!

Cheers

You are welcome, in case you got any new questions, feel free to open a new thread and we will be glad to help.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.