I need theme optimization

Hi am kings. I recently moved my site to siteground shared hosting on a faster premium server. But i get low score on pagespeed and yslow. The suggestions i got is that i should optimize my theme scripts.

Please how can i improve this? I already use cache plugins and CDN, but my site is still getting low score on GTmetrix.

Hey Kingsley,

Please check our Performance guide to see what else you’ve not yet implemented: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210

Just note that we do not have a website optimization service so we could not help with optimizing your site specifically. That work is quite involved as the theme is only a part of a website. For that, you would need to consult with a website speed optimization agency.

Thanks.

Ok. One more thing. The first screenshot shows the colour of my image caption, which is in white and in all capital letters.

However, when i updated to wordpress 5.1, it changed to this in the screenshot below…

I want it to go back to the previous white colour and all capital letters.

Hello Kingsley,

You might be having a caching issue. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Meanwhile, when I check your posts, the caption is all captilized.

Please check your site again.

Check my latest posts. Not all my posts are affected. And about clearing cache, i have already done that several times but my old posts are still all capitalised while my news posts aren’t.

Hello Kingsley,

Can you please send us the url of the posts where you have encountered the issue so that we can check it out and compare it to other posts?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Kingsley,

I checked and it’s all white text compared to your provided screenshot. But if you’re referring to image caption then yes, it’s not white. And it’s all because of Gutenberg + Jetpack styling, perhaps it’s changed by Wordpress update. Please add this CSS to Theme Options > CSS to override it.

.wp-block-image figcaption {
color: #fff !important;
}

Thanks!

I have included the code and they are now white, but it’s not all in capital letters. I want them to be in white colour and all capitalised.

Hi there,

Please update the previous code to:

.wp-block-image figcaption {
    color: #fff !important;
    text-transform: uppercase !important;
}

Here are some related links for further reading:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.