I don't have anymore "edit with cornerstone" in one of my pages

Hi, I was working normally in all my pages, but today, in one of them, I can’t see anymore “edit with cornerstone” and when I force it to open with cornerstone and try to save the changes, the system say : " Uh oh! content failed to save".

What can I do?

Thanks

Hi there,

Please check the suggestion give on this related thread:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer, I read the post related, but in the list of my pages, it let me open with “Edit with cornerstone” and it show me all my page in cornerstone, everything is perfect , but I’m trying to make changes and when I save them, I have a red sign " Uh oh! content failed to save".

This is the only page that don’t let me save the changes.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please check for wrong HTML code in this page?
Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

If you could send us the login details in a secure note so that we can also check for the issue.

Thanks

Im going to check,

Hello @TeamEquipe,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I don’t see the page you have mentioned in the latest secure note. However the screenshot you have shared seems that the issue lies with Transport page. When I checked the page and tried to edit in Cornerstone, it seems to be working absolutely fine without any issue. I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look.

Please try clearing cache and try again.

Thanks.

Yes, the page in french is transport but this page in english is “Freight”, you have to change de language in the dashboard to see all pages in english, I already delete many times the cache.

Hey Pierre,

Here is the console error when in that page. That usually tells that cornerstone-endpoint is blocked most commonly by Mod Security. Please contact your web host to exclude that directory.

I also saw one HTML syntax error in your content. Please search your content for syntax error like that. Or, you can check your page using tools like this https://validator.w3.org/

I’d also recommend that you update X and Cornerstone to the latest version. Before updating, please check and follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins.

Thanks.

Hi @TeamEquipe,

This looks like the data is corrupted, the page is not recognizable, it will load but processing will fail. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? There are multiple errors and I may able to find from debug files.

For the meantime, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Or re-create the same page (generating new valid data).

Let us know how it goes!

My web host, told me that “cornerstone-endpoint” wasn’t the problem, eitherway, he excluded that directory and indeed, the problem wasn’t solved.
I had to rebuild the whole page again. everything works fine
Thank you

You’re welcome, Pierre. If the data has been corrupted like @Rad said, regretfully, rebuilding might be the faster solution.

Just want to add that, Cornerstone builder data resides in the database. Any actions taken by third party systems that can affect the database could cause such an issue. That is why it is strongly recommended to have a file and database backup of your site so you could simply revert to a working version if something happens.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.