Can not edit my pages in cornerstone

I am getting the error message

“Hold up! The content has been modified outside of Cornerstone. Editing in Cornerstone will replace the current content. Do you wish to continue?”

when trying to edit my home page. Most likely is happening on other pages as well. Not sure why it says it has been edited outside of cornerstone.

Hi there,

I have checked your pages and they rest are fine except the homepage that seems to be edited out of Cornerstone which is why you are seeing the shortcodes instead.

What you can do is you can load the page on Cornerstone then see if the entire page content gets loaded in Cornerstone’s edit mode. If you are seeing the complete contents, you can save the page in Cornerstone and it should be fine.

If nothing gets loaded in Cornerstone, you will have to restore a backup of the page.

In case you do not have a backup of the page, you will have to rebuild the page in Cornerstone.

https://www.smartwaterpools.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=222&action=edit seems to have all the code there. Is there a way to turn this back into a cornerstone page without having to rebuild?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You can switched back to Cornerstone by clicking the “Edit in Cornerstone” tab. Just keep in mind that those changes made outside of Cornerstone will not be displayed in the preview. Only the last state of the page that were edited with Cornerstone maybe displayed.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I know that clicking edit in cornerstone turns it back to being editable in cornerstone, but the code is all there in text box. When I click “edit in cornerstone” the page is blank. Can I take the existing page and just copy and paste the code to make the current page editable again in cornerstone without having to rebuild the page? thank you

Hello @smartwaterpools,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I logged into the website and yes the code can be seen in text mode. However, when you design a page layout using Cornerstone, it will have post metadata containing cornerstone information. When a page is loaded, Cornerstone check this data to make sure layout is fine and if every thing is fine by default Cornerstone tab should be active. In your case I think the meta data is corrupted. Even though the code is showing up and if you copy and paste the code in a different page, you won’t be able to edit content in Cornerstone builder because the meta data is corrupted. At the moment you will have to re-design the page in Cornerstone.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.