How would I add audio player to blog post feed?

Currently keeping excerpt length to 20 characters, want to keep it short but I want to include the blog is all podcast episodes and I’d like to include the Audio player like this:

That only shows up if I turn on “Full post Content on Index”
(Ideally, I’d prefer to use your audio player and add my own icon links to episodes on itunes… )

http://coloringcrypto.com/

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

To achieve that, you can simply select audio format for your post and add your audio url.

For more infomation kindly refer to the link below

Thanks

Right but you are missing:

1. I am not asking about the individual post (see? the libsyn audio is already there)
  2. I am asking about the feed (feed being this page, where all the posts show up.

I want the posts in the feed to include the audio.

Currently I am only able to limit the length of text but I want to be sure that every post on the feed includes that audio player (be it libsyn or yours)

Hi @gabemott

Unfortunately, the only way to show the post content on index page is to select “Full post Content on Index” option as you mentioned. WordPress by default strips HTML codes from the post content when displaying the excerpt. There are different ways discussed to alter this behavior which you find here:

But this will be beyond our support scope.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.