How to translate to german

Hi there :slightly_smiling_face:

I followed the instructions of https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61 but it didn’t work. WP is still using the same translation as before.

The language was already set to german (Deutsch) in WP. But some parts like the comments are not fully translated. The header “Comments” and the time “at 01:03” is still englisch.

How can I change that?

The site is http://wegerfinder.de/was-wirklich-zaehlt-im-leben/

For further info, I created the de_DE.mo and .po and moved them to a new folder called languages directly in the child theme folder and added

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'load_child_language' );
	function load_child_language() {
		load_child_theme_textdomain( '__x__', get_stylesheet_directory() . '/languages' );

to the functions.php

Can you help me with that?

OK, i made some of it happen with the plugin LOCO Translate.

The “at” is “um” now and the “Comments” is “Kommentare” now. But how can i change the “Leave a Comment” witch is now “Schreibe einen Kommentar”? I would like to modify this text to another wording but i can’t find it in the .po

How can i translate that?

Hi there,

Make sure that the item you are looking for is indeed available in the PO file and is indeed translated. Also, I suggest that you move the PO and MO files to the languages folder, not in the child theme, please kindly read the last section of the link you already provided regarding the translation.

For further investigation of you did not manage to translate kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

How do I make sure, that the item i am looking for is indeed in the PO file? I think i did that and didn’t find it. The english phrase is not there when i search for it in Poedit. That’s why I asked where to find this translation. It seems not to be in the PO file. The english phrase is “Leave a Reply” but is not in the PO file when i search for it. There is “Leave a Reply to %s” but not “Leave a Reply” alone. Can you help me out?

Shall i provide the Website and Password in this post too? Its in my fist post. But if it helps i surely provide it here too :smile:

Thank you guys!

Hi there,

You have to add it if it’s not there in your PO file, you can do that with your PO editor. Though, I checked your provided URL and I don’t see any instance of “Leave a Reply”, is it now translated?

And yes, please provide your admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note for further testing.

Thanks!