How to show portfolio item title on portfolio page? - X Theme Icon stack

Hi-- I tried searching the forums but couldn’t find anything about getting the title to show. My apologies if it’s in the forum somewhere already.

I’m using X Theme Icon stack.

My portfolio page: https://www.alisoncebulla.com/portfolio/

How do I get it to display the title of the portfolio items along with the thumbnail images?

I don’t have “disable page title” checked on the portfolio page.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that in the theme we have 4 stacks which showcase 4 unique designs. Icon stack is one of those that the portfolio page where in it has no titles and it only displays the thumbnails.

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ICON/CONTENT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Portfolio post output for Icon.
// =============================================================================

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
  <div class="entry-wrap">
    <div class="x-container max width">

<header class="entry-header">
          <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
          <?php x_icon_entry_meta(); ?>
        </header>

<div class="entry-featured">
        <?php x_portfolio_item_featured_content(); ?>
      </div>

<?php if ( is_singular() ) : ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' ); ?>
        <div class="entry-extra">
          <?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>
          <?php x_portfolio_item_project_link(); ?>
          <?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>
        </div>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>
  </div>
</article>

3] Save the file named as content-portfolio.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder ▸ wp-content ▸ themes ▸ x-child▸ framework ▸ views ▸ icon

You will have to create the folder paths since it does not exist in your child theme yet.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you very much for this quick response. I will probably not install the child theme at this time due to time constraints and the time it takes to learn this new process for me but it would be good to know how to do this in the future when I have more time. For now I’m adding titles to the featured image and that works well for a short term fix.

Hi,

For your guide on how to set up a child theme, kindly refer to the link below.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.